Military Families
Options

Need to move DD outta the bed

DH is coming home from deployment soon and dd currently sleeps in my bed, but when he gets here that's going to change. I'm nervous about her sleeping in her crib in the nursery because she never cries if she wakes up, just kicks and makes a few noises. She's too big for her bassinet. Any ideas?

Re: Need to move DD outta the bed

• Options

How about a pack-n-play beside your bed?

Or a monitor to hear her cooing and babbling when she does wake up when she's in her room?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i would love a monitor, but dh is completely against them. he's scared of the noises we may hear on it. long story & sounds silly, but it's true. i don't know if i can fit a pack n play by my bed, i'll have to check. thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You can get monitors that won't interfere with truck drivers going by, radios, neighbor's monitors, etc. 

Either way, good luck figuring out a solution.  

• Options
    We tried a regular monitor and it was awful.  We had a ton of interference, so much static, and I even heard what was going on in the neighbor's house!  One of the best purchases has been our video monitor.  I have the Summer slim and secure handheld.
  • Options

Sorry, but why do you need to know the moment she wakes up? She is safe being in her crib and if she is content to lay there when she is awake then let her. She'll be okay.

I've never used a moniter either. When my little ones needed me they made enough noise to get my attention.

I'm not trying to be mean. I think this will be harder on YOU than it will be on your baby.

• Options

DS went from our bed, to his bassinet, to a PnP in our room, to his crib in his room with a video monitor. I second the PP that said it will be harder on you than them. DS actually sleeps much better now because he goes to be before us and isn't disturbed when we come to bed like he was when he was in our room. :)

Oh and for timeline purposes, he was in our bed or bassinet until 3 mo (I nursed for 6mo) then the PnP till 6mo, then the crib. I started with just putting him in there for naps to get him used to it. It took about two weeks to get him to sttn (mostly) and stay in his crib all night.

Good luck!

• Options
    Hows it going girl? Did you start the process yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"