Baby Showers
Options

Unique Game Ideas

I really don't like your typical shower games but feel there needs to be something to do to get everyone involved. Give me your ideas of unique and more fun games. Thanks!

Re: Unique Game Ideas

• Options

My cousin did this game at her bridal shower and it could be changed for a baby shower.

As people arrived they were handed a necklace with instructions.  If you used the words "wedding" or "bride" in conversation you had to give up the necklace to the person you were talking to. The person with the most necklaces at the end of the shower got a door prize.  It was fun because it took place while people were talking.  If you didn't want to play all you had to do was take your necklace off and giving it someone. We had a lot of fun with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wed2bewed2be member
    Everyone at my shower was given a pre-made card with a letter on it, and then they were asked to draw something that started with that letter. On the back they were asked to write a message to the baby and sign it. I was given all of the cards and asked to pick the three that I thought had the best drawings and those three won. All of the cards were then put into a cute book that will be his first alphabet book. It was really cute and a big hit.
    BFP #1: 11/09; DS born 8/01/10 BFP #2: 10/11/11 EDD: 06/25/12 M/MC 11/23/11 @ 9 weeks, 3 days; BFP#3 3/10/12 EDD 11/23/11 Grow Baby! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    At my DD's shower her hostess played a game right at the very beginning.  She announced that there would be a box sent around that contained a "pair of bloomers" and while the music was playing they were to continue passing it from person to person.  When the music stopped the person holding the box had to take off one layer of wrapping paper.  She told us that the person who took off the very last wrapping paper could open the box and would have to wear the "pair of bloomers" for the remainder of the shower.  It was hilarious because no one wanted to be the one to be stuck wearing a pair of bloomers so they were almost throwing the box into the next person's hands.  I'd say it was wrapped about 15 times with different colored and patterned tissue paper.  It was definitely an ice breaker.  Finally the final paper came off and when the woman opened the box it contained a "pair of bloomers" which consisted of a wrist corsage made from two flowers (bloomers).  There were about 50 people there but it went pretty fast (maybe about a total of 15 minutes).
  • Options

Re: Hopefulmom's post - I've played a similar (wedding shower) game with a victoria's secret or fredericks of hollywood bag, let everyone know that the person holding the bag has to model it for the group. They just infer its really from that store, when you can put anything in the bag (I think it was a necklace when we played).

Easy baby twist - have several packages to pass where you can;t see what is inside - a paper favor bag (like a colored lunch bag) works great, you'd still "feel" but not be able to see what it was. Explain that the mom to be has to get used to the taste of food from tiny glass jars, so whoever is holding these packages when the music stops gets to sample whatever is inside, and describe it to the group. They'll assume baby food which nobody wants to eat, but you can use tiny jars of spoon fudge (or anything else in small glass jars - i.e. fancy olives or pickles if that is your taste).

EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Options
    They played the "what's in the bag" as well.  They were in the colored paper lunch bags that didn't hold up well with 50 people feeling them.  LOL  I would suggest cloth...maybe even a new men's black cotton sock or something similar.  Make sure the items are not all easy.  The hardest one in the group we had was the finger brush to brush baby's gums.  NO ONE knew what it was.  LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"