Military Families
Options

having a bad deployment week!

This is my first deployment with DH (although it's his 2nd tour overseas) and I'm having a horrible time with it already - and we're only about a month into this deployment!  The worst part is that while he was able to call last week (which was wonderful to hear his voice) the phone line went dead in the middle of our conversation and I haven't heard back from him since!  I realize that in the military "no news is good news" but I have to say that I'm scared out of my mind because he warned me that there was lots of "activity" going on around him and that's why I could hear so much background noise.  It might not have been so bad if we had already said goodbye, but since we never got to finish our talk it makes me worry even more.  I officially hate deployments! UGH!

Re: having a bad deployment week!

• Options
    I'm sorry your having such a rough week. Just know it will get better and as long as you keep yourself busy time should fly till that next call.
  • Options
    I'm sorry! Keep yourself busy and hopefully the time will go by quickly.  I hope your DH is safe and doing well.  Best of luck to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless your husband is a SEAL or corpsman with Marine infantry you shouldn't worry.  Navy doesn't do much over there.
  • Options

imagethebomb+mom:
    Unless your husband is a SEAL or corpsman with Marine infantry you shouldn't worry.  Navy doesn't do much over there.

It looks like she is right outside Camp Lejeune, so there is a good chance that he IS a corpsman.  Regardless, lame statement.

OP, hang in there.  DH and I had phone issues often during deployments. It was so frustrating and unsettling.  I can't get behind the "no news is good news" mantra either.  I loathe radio silence.  I hope you hear from him soon! Best wishes.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagebootsie08:

imagethebomb+mom:

It looks like she is right outside Camp Lejeune, so there is a good chance that he IS a corpsman.  Regardless, lame statement.

OP, hang in there.  DH and I had phone issues often during deployments. It was so frustrating and unsettling.  I can't get behind the "no news is good news" mantra either.  I loathe radio silence.  I hope you hear from him soon! Best wishes.  

Bootsie08 - Thanks for the understanding! Smile

thebomb+mom - We are stationed at Camp Lejeune and my husband IS a Corpsman stationed with a Marine infantry unit, so yes, there IS something to worry about - esp. with where they're located over in country!  And even if he wasn't stationed with the Marines, I don't think it's nice to belittle anyone who's DH is deployed - this shoud be a supportive place since we're all military!

• Options

I'm sorry sweetie. Don't worry, I've had that drop called 3-4 times....but like you said "no news...is good news"...i kept on saying that to myself every time I got worried....Stay strong and you'll get that phone call sooner than you think

Married 04.23.07
    Hayden born 11.18.07
    BCP - March 08' -Feb. 09, Aug. 09' - Nov. 09'
    TTC #2 since Dec 09'
    10mgProvera :: 50mgClomid :: 75mg Gonal :: 112mg Gonal :: Ovidrel(trigger) :: Femara 2.5 mg
    TTC Blog
    23jpxmt<a href="http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/adburgett23/?action=view
  • Options

I'm sorry you are having a hard time :(  Its been a few days, so I hope you have heard back from him. If not, try to stay focused in other areas. i know its easy  said than done, its really all that you can do right now. DH just came home from overseas a few months ago and we had calls dropped all the time. He was in a remote area, so call centers (as many bases have) we're not at his disposal and they had to rely on the satellite phones, which drop calls frequently. As well, given the nature of my husband job, things could happen at any moment and he would have to go, immediately. Doesn't make it easier, but I knew what to expect, so what it happened I wasn't in shock.

I hope in some way this makes you feel better. Given what your DH does, he's is highly trained and in good hands. Have faith and stay positive :) 

• Options

I'd like to first say that the statement that it only matters if he is a corpsman or SEAL is IDIOTIC at best. IA, and NECC Sailors are in harms way and serving in combat zones daily they are neither corpsman or SEALS. Did you forget EOD, Support Staff and SPCOPS (which is different than SPCWAR or DRVGRU). Educate yourself before you say such general statements.

to the OP... we ALL have bad days. There will be times when they will call TOO much and you have nothing new to say and others when you don't hear from him. Fill those days with letters. I used to write to him daily - and a kept a journal for our kids while DH was deployed (a gunner's mate in IRAQ holy shitt can you believe it).

Sorry... that one comment pissed me off. Anyway, vent, rest... find ways to entertain yourself. You'll get through it.

• Options
    communication is a bit tricky over there... I remember last deployment (at the time boyfriend, now husband) and I got into a little argument (nothing major) but we didn't get to finish the conversation bc the internet went dead, then they lost all internet and phone contact for like a week! This was when he first got over there, so of course I was afraid that would be the last time we ever talked, and was just so scared! He called back when he could about a week later, and everything was fine again. Deployments are just tricky! Try and stay busy as much as you can, and talk to him as much as possible (write letters, send packages, this stull will help you feel closer to him, and remind him how much you love him!) It will drag by sometimes, and fly by sometimes, but in a few months you will blink and be waiting on the busses to arive, and wondering where the hell the last several months ran off to <3 If I can do it, I know dang well you will be just fine! I am probably the least qualified marine wife ever!
  • Options
    Wow...really??? I have to agree very lame statement. All of our men and women regardless of branch of service are over there for a reason. Any anything can happen at any time, how ignorant can you be!?!?
    TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Options

eh regardless of what your husband does it still sucks when they are over there. something can still happen so anyone with someone over there has every right to worry if they feel something isnt right or whatever.

but once theyve been there a little bit communication gets better... at least it did for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"