TTC after 35
Options

CBEFM - bummed out and trying not to FREAK OUT!

Hi ladies,

So, I started the CBEFM this month.  On day 13 I went up to 2 bars and stayed that way all the way through yesterday - day 25.  This morning (day 26), I went back down to 1 bar.  I never got my 3 bars/egg :( 

I'm trying not to freak out, but its hard.  Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, what did it mean?

Thanks.

Re: CBEFM - bummed out and trying not to FREAK OUT!

• Options
    I've never not gotten a peak.  I believe I have always gotten three bars and then the egg shows up on one/two of the days.  It might just be taking a while to get use to you or you may have just not ovulated this month. 
  • Options

Don't freak out.  The very first month I used it, I never got a peak either.  I went from a bunch of lows to a ton of highs and then back down to low.  After the first 'getting to know you' month I have always gotten my peaks (but sometimes straight from Low to Peak with no Highs).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

I had it happen after several months of getting a peak I had a month where I just got highs.  The instructions say if you don't get a peak you will get an unusual number of high days so that part is normal.  Its possible you just missed your surge but you really did ovulate (I think this is what happened the month I didn't get a peak, I didn't get pg but I had a normal lenght cycle which would be unusual if you didn't O)

Also - recently a girl on TTCAL got pregnant on a month she didn't get a peak but she was also temping so knew she O'ed.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you guys so much for the feedback.  I'm just going to try and remind myself to just take a deep breath.  As my husband likes to say about any problem that pops up: "If you can fix it: why worry, and if you can't fix it: why worry".  I just need to remind myself that worrying doesn't change a situation in and of itself.

Thanks!

• Options
    Sept. 2009 I used the CBEFM and it was my first month after a failed IVF with ICSI cycle. We were trying naturally that month and only using the CBEFM, no temping, charting, etc. I only got highs that month and figured it was because some of the IVF hormones were likely still in my system. Turns out I got prego that month. When I kept getting highs I started to freak out too and i had read online that some women get only highs on the CBEFM the month they get prego but didn't believe it till it happened to me. had DD #2 in May.
  • Options
    MrsSC9MrsSC9 member
    I have gotten a peak every month using the CBEFM.  However, I'm still here.  So, dont get to worked up about it.  As long as you're charting, you'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"