LGBT Parenting
Options

High Chairs

Do any of you have thoughts on the usefulness of high chairs that recline? It seems unnecessary to me to have the option to recline, but I figured I would ask some pros. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: High Chairs

• Options
    We haven't bought one yet but a friend has one that reclines.  She likes it because even before her DD was eating solids she could sit the baby at the table with everyone and if the baby falls asleep they just recline the chair.  I know there are days that where Jelly Bean falls asleep is where she stays for a bit.  Eventually I move her but if I could get an extra 30 minutes of time to get stuff done while she sleeps in a high chair I'd take it.  Now, on the other hand do I think JB would fall asleep in a high chair? Nope :-p
  • Options

The boys started eating solids before they could sit fully upright (5.5m) - they sat well by about 8m - so for that time, they were a bit reclines to help with toppling over.

My only high chair suggestions - 1) get one with the least amount of ruffles/nooks/crannies as possible 2) get one with a tray insert that you can take out to clean (much easier to clean up the little messes that way!)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We wanted one that reclined for a few reasons. First, it's space saving and second, baby can be a part of meals and get used to being at the table wih the family. We ended up not getting the reclining one and didn't need it for PBS who sat up early. We absolutely will get one for another child though. 
  • Options
    image2brides:

The boys started eating solids before they could sit fully upright (5.5m) - they sat well by about 8m - so for that time, they were a bit reclines to help with toppling over.

My only high chair suggestions - 1) get one with the least amount of ruffles/nooks/crannies as possible 2) get one with a tray insert that you can take out to clean (much easier to clean up the little messes that way!)

huge ditto to all of this.  Even now that she can sit upright we feed her food, then recline her so she can drink her bottle.  We literally use the recline every day.  And definitely avoid the huge chushy, million parts to it high chair.  we got one as a hand-me-down and I hate it.  Rosebud is soooo messy when she eats, food gets everywhere so the simpler design the better. 

• Options

We do not have one that reclines.  When E started on solids we used her bouncy chair.  E didn't start solids until 7.5 months though (5 months adjusted) though.  We have a chair that will convert to a toddler chair and can be used without the tray pulled up to the table (svan) we love it and it has a very small footprint which is great for our small 2 bedroom apt.

• Options

Ditto pp's on the usefulness of the recline.  We have one that sits on a dining chair (to save space - our dining room is small) that reclines.  I push it into the kitchen if I want to do some dishes/cooking and Henry sits and looks out the window.  It's nice to have a reclined seat for him (which is more comfortable for him at this stage) that is up off the ground and allows him to see what's going on.

Though, if you really like a high chair that doesn't recline, like ssg said, you could just use a bouncy seat.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"