TTC after 35
Options

Choosing a fertility clinic

So, after 6 unsuccessful months of TTC, I've decided to have all my levels/hormones tested and see where we stand.  DH had a SA and everything was good except morphology was 11% - normal is 14%. 

My question is:  how do you get information about various clinics?  My doctor suggested two - the one where my DH went for his SA and the other is attached to a university.  Are there sites where you can check things out?  I'm finding it a bit overwhelming and want to try and make the best choice.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Choosing a fertility clinic

• Options
    jcathjcath member
    www.sart.org is a good place to compare the success rates of different clinics.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I got one recommendation from my OB and one from a friend.

Then I looked up the ratings for the Dr's (google 'Dr's ratings')   and compared.

I ultimately chose my RE based on the friends recommendation, the hospital he was affliated with, and the ratings online (the OB recommended one got a lot of 'she's not very personable complaints).

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    initially i went to one that was very close to my house and had good recommendations. but then once i realized how often i'd have to go in for blood tests, ultrasounds, etc. i realized that i needed one close to work and not near my house (i live in nj and work in ny). i basically figured out which were closest to my office, read reviews online and made sure they took my insurance.
  • Options

Call them and ask for them to send you a info./welcome packet.

From there you can schedule consulations for a meet and greet.

We are OOP payers so we were not limited by insurance, but one of the clinics that was well rec. by our doctors I found was a disorganized mess!   Had trouble with getting return calls, etc.  I dumped them and ran!!

You are going to be spending a LOT of time with these folks you want to be comfort.    Good Luck.   Go with your gut.

• Options

I went with the RE my OBGYN referred, although there are a few close to me.  I'm sure if I had said I wanted to be referred to one of the others, she would've made that accomodation.  Make sure you pick one close to either home or work........if you start treatment, you will be going A LOT (I go every other day for the first 2 weeks of my cycle for b/w + u/s), so make sure it is convenient for you.

Good luck!  I know it can be a bit overwhelming!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"