Illinois Babies

Anyone deliver at Lutheran General Hospital

Just wanted to see if anyone has had an experience with delivering at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge? I'm expecting my first and my doctor is associated with Lutheran General. I chose her specifically for that reason. I have had family members in Lutheran General for other things but no one has been there to deliver a baby...

Re: Anyone deliver at Lutheran General Hospital

• I have not personally, but I took a class there because I live nearby. I have heard good things and they have very tight security from what I learned in their class. They also have a brand new building but you may or may not get a room there depending on availability.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I go to Dr. Schy at Lutheran General and will be delivering there in a few weeks. I will update you after, but I chose LG because of recommendations from friends. They all had great experiences with the staff and facilities. I'll try to remember to get back to you after DD is born!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you!

Do you know if they have moved the whole L&D department to the new building? I have heard both yes and no... Just wondering if they told you, since you will be delivering there :)

Good luck!

• My sister just had her baby at LG 2 months ago.  The labor rooms are in the older building and the recovery rooms (is that what you would call them??) are in the new. building  There may be some rooms in the old building, but I am not sure how they determine who goes where.  The new building is awesome!  Large rooms with pull out couches if someone is staying with you.  It was really, really nice.  The delivery nurses are really great too!  They are super nice and very good humored.  I will be delivering there as well.  You could sign up for the hospital tour and they can answer any additional questions.
  • Hi! My sister worked there (in labor and delivery) and delivered both babies there. She enjoyed working there as well as delivering. First baby born vag, second emergency C section and my niece was in NICU for three weeks. All departments were great. It is a very busy hospital!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I see Dr. Pesch at Lutheran General, and unfortunately spent a lot of time in the hospital before the birth of my twins.

Dr. Pesch's group (Dr. Schuy saw me several times as well), the nurses, and the MFM (high risk obs) that saw me during my pregnancy and that took care of me during my two stays for preterm labor were wonderful.  I am convinced that it is because of them that I delivered two healthy babies.  I was admitted to the hospital at both 27 weeks and 30 weeks (both times for a week), and also made some visits up there as a precautionary measure after my regular ob appts., and despite all of our fears about delivering very preemie twins, the drs. and nurses were great.  We were there so much that I think every doctor in that practice saw me at least once.

I also delivered there via emergency c-section due to pre-e and compromised blood flow through DD's cord, and that experience was also great - we were panicking and scared and they really calmed us down.  They took great care of us after delivery and the rooms were pretty nice.

I really can't speak highly enough of them - every time I look at my healthy babies I'm reminded how lucky we were.

• When I took my tour, it was explained to me that it depends on how many people are giving birth/recovering that day. You could be in the new floor and you could be on the old floor. It just depends on how full they are/if there is room. They took us to both areas, and I would be comfortable in both, however, I would LOVE to be in the new area. :)
  • We had our little boy at lutheran General and it was a great experience. The nurses were phenomenal and I love my OBGYN (Dr. Lopata). The labor rooms are in the old part of the building but they are not bad at all. I was then moved to the new section for recovery and the rooms there are awesome! My husband never asked how to pull out the sofa so he slept on it as a couch for the two days and was really ticked when he found (as we were being discharged) that it would have folded out... Didn't bother me any ;-) Be sure to bring home as much of the stuff you use for after care as possible (for vag births you use these great mesh panties, pads that are ice packs, numbing spray, medicated foam,...) I took as much stuff as possible, they didn't seem to mind. You can get the spray and tucks pads at the store and the foam with a prescription but I don't think you can get the ice pack/pads anywhere and I LOVED them. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"