TTC after 35
Options

does this count as fitness?

Had a Girl's Night Out on Saturday...and we went to a pole dancing class.  yes, you read that right...pole dancing!  And, I have to say, it was A LOT of fun...but also A LOT of work.  So, that means that I spent most of Sunday being a little sore -- in places that aren't normally sore after working out!

The instructor had us moving in ways you wouldn't dream of moving...all in the name of 'fitness'.  I will say that spinning around the pole without falling on your a$$ or hitting your needs on the floor is whole lot harder than it looks!   LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: does this count as fitness?

• Options

Was it fun?

It makes me think of the "KIng of Queens" episode when Doug was better at pole dancing than Carrie.

• Options
    Ohh that sounds fun!   Was there alcohol involved before, after, or during the pole dancing?   I don't think I could do that without alcohol...of course, I can't get up and dance without alcohol. Embarrassed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageroadstar:

Was it fun?

It makes me think of the "KIng of Queens" episode when Doug was better at pole dancing than Carrie.

LMAO...yes roadie..there were a couple of us gals who totally referrenced that!  It was truly a good time!  I highly recommend it.

• Options

image*Chicken*:
    Ohh that sounds fun!   Was there alcohol involved before, after, or during the pole dancing?   I don't think I could do that without alcohol...of course, I can't get up and dance without alcohol. Embarrassed

yes, there was alcohol before...but not everyone drank (including me because I was driving AND I was worried about falling if I was too drunk!)  Oh, and then a bunch went out afterwards.  I think they probably cater more towards bachelorette parties and things..but I would totally do it again!

And, I'm right there with ya...about needing a drink before getting up to dance!  I can't dance...so I need all the help I can get!  LOL!

• Options

Of course it is fitness!!  Especially if you are sore the next day.  And you are working out your upper body by doing 12 oz bicep curls (drink to lips!)!!! ;)   

There is a bar by my house that has ZUMBA classes every Monday night.  I guess revenue is revenue how ever you can get it these days!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJoe'sSweetPea:

Of course it is fitness!!  Especially if you are sore the next day.  And you are working out your upper body by doing 12 oz bicep curls (drink to lips!)!!! ;)   

There is a bar by my house that has ZUMBA classes every Monday night.  I guess revenue is revenue how ever you can get it these days!

Then it's agreed...fitness it is!!  I've heard of Zumba, but have never been...have you, since it's close to you?

• Options
    OscarQOscarQ member
    Totally fitness!  There was at least one gym in NYC that offered strip pole workouts while I lived there.  Haven't found that yet in my new city.
  • Options
     Rach I would say sore muscles = fitness!!!  Sounds like you have fun!!  I need a girls night out. . .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"