Minnesota Babies

Bras

Any recommendations for somewhat cheap bras? The boobs have changed a bit, and presumably will continue to change. I didn't even like buying bras pre-preg!

Suggestions welcome. Smile

ETA: Preferably under $30, but willing to pay more if they are worth it.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Bras

• I wore my same bras up until I gave birth. I did start wearing bras at night in the early months as my boobs would hurt at night, I would suggest getting some "sleeping bras" as they give you the support you need. You can get them at Motherhood but I would check out the prices at BRU first as I believe they have a few different brands  

• I pretty much fit in my bras up til the end but I did pick up a wacoal at Macy's that would stretch with me if I needed it.  Other then that I lived in sports bras.

Also, not sure if you've thought about what you're going to do post baby as far as BM or FF for baby, but I did FF and I had to wear two sports bras every day for 3 weeks even while sleeping for support and to supress the milk supply.  Plus the twins hurt SOOOOOOOO bad two sports bras made the pain go away! 

• Loading the player...
  • When my size did start changing I went into Victoria's Secret and got measured, to know what size to buy. They had a sale going on so I got a few on sale and another close to full price (but it was so comfortable, I had to!) I didn't sleep in bras at night, but I wore tanks that had a build in bra (minimal support) in them.
  • I second Janell's comment.  Have you decided if you will give nursing a try or not?

I think our bra recommendations will be different depending on whether you will be nursing or not :)   (because if you are going to buy something now, it might as well be something that you may be able to use in the future)

• The nursing comment makes a very good point. I do hope to nurse for at least 6 months if I can. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the responses!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You may want to just get bra extenders to buy you some time.  Joann's has them for a couple bucks in their notions section.  Otherwise most department stores had them too, just for more $. 

I liked sleeping in cheap sports bras from hanes.com  I liked them better than sleep bras. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just stuck with the cheapo target bras while my size was changing. If it was just the band that needed to be bigger, I got extenders at JoAnn. 

As for nursing bras, I LOVED my bravado bras, liked my medela bra and hated every single bra I ever bought at motherhood maternity. Nordstroms at the MOA has a decent selection of nice nursing bras, and their sales people are great at helping you find a bra. I'll be going there this time.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought a sleep bra tonight and I am SO excited to wear it tonight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wish I had a good suggestion for you. Since having both of my boys, my bewbs have completely deflated. I was a 34B in high school and I'm a 38AA or 38NA now. Paaaaa-thetic. I have to special order my bras because of it (because apparently thick & curvy girls are supposed to have big bewbies and I don't fit that demographic at all), so I'm forced to spend the money on ones that fit.

Hate. It.

Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I just bought one the other day from Motherhood (because they were very reasonably priced) and really don't like it.  I have also bought extenders and that is truly the way to go.  Other than that, I would say sports bras like others have commented on!
  • When I was pregnant I had to buy new bras every couple of months and I had good luck at TJMaxx and Marshall's (don't think I ever paid over $10).

• They might be a bit pricier, but the only place to get bras is Nordstrom at MOA (I think someone said this already, but I will second it).  The staff there is EXCELLENT and will help you find the right size, it's the sort of place where you can camp out in the fitting room and give the fitter your price point and she'll just bring you things, and help you figure out what will work. 

Furthermore, they always have a great sale rack, and as long as you don't really care what color your bra is, you can usually find something great in around the $30 range.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"