Orange County Babies
Options

Anyone go to Harbor Pediatrics on Dover in NB?

I'm looking for a pediatrician and my insurance covers this group.  Does anyone go there that can give me any reviews on the office generally (esp. ease of getting appointments and wait times) and on their pediatrician generally?

I have a meeting with Dr. David Michelis next week and wanted to get an idea of what to expect and whether I should meet with one of their other pediatricians as well.

Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone go to Harbor Pediatrics on Dover in NB?

• Options
    We go there and love it.  VERY easy to get an apt when your little is sick or you want to check something out.  We see Dr. Lau - we were supposed to be with Menzoa but she went on Maternity leave.  Michelis is nice too - VERY upbeat and outgoing kids like him.
  • Options

We see Dr. Chen and love him! I agree with pp that they are all upbeat and energetic. The office has an e-mail for the phone nurse you can call with any questions, at any time. What we love about Dr. Chen the most is that at every appnt he always tells us to call him in an emergency, that he expects that as an infant's ped.

We always get in with in a week for our regular appnts. DD has never been sick enough for us to have to see him right away so I do not know that timeframe.

My only thing is that at each appnt we have waited a while at least 45 min to be seen. But once we get in Dr. Chen answers all questions, takes his time to educate us, shares personal stories in relation, etc...and I assume he does that with every parent so I like that and that wait time seems minor.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a friend with LO who has tons of medical issues and sees Mikelis and LOVES him.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the responses ladies!  I'm so encouraged.  He's our first pediatrician interview and I am hoping that he's also the last. 
  • Options

I went there and was not happy with my ped (I think she is gone now).  BUT Michelis was the one saving grace.  My daughter had a major medical condition and my ped was not taking me seriously.  One AM I just said I am coming in and Michelis is who I saw because mine wasn't there.  He sent me directly to CHOC.  He was the one who took my concerns seriously (my daughter had surgery the next day!)  So, I recommend him.

I did hate the office visits waits.  Though...Waited forever in the lobby and then in the exam room.  Could have just been my past ped though.

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"