TTC after 35
Options

I'm such a dope

I went today for my CD3 blood work and ultrasound. All week, I have been kind of stressed that at my last appointment, my doc said he didn't see evidence that I ovulated last month. So, I brought it up today to ask him how he coudl tell. Apparrently I misunderstood him last week because he didn't mean that I didn't ovulate, just that he coulnd't tell because it was so late in my cycle. Duh! I feel like such a dope. I should have just asked him last week and then I wouldn't have worried all week long. silly me.

Today's ultrasound looked good. No cysts, plenty of eggs. Right side is better than left, but nothing to worry about so far. I wish I was paying better attention as he was giving the nurse the ultrasound stats because there were a bunch of numbers which I am sure where the follicle counts, but I had no idea what he was saying. I really need to start secretly recording my appointments.

Now it's on the the HSG next Friday. My doc also won't give me the results of my blood work until we have the CD14 ultrasound and can review the blood work and HSG results along with my mid-follicular ultrasound at the same time. Arghhhh! I hate the waiting.

Hope everyone is having a happy Friday!

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey

Re: I'm such a dope

• Options
    OscarQOscarQ member

My experience has always been that I absorb about 1/2 the stuff the doctor throws at me so no need to feel like a dope.

Good luck with the HSG and with the results of all the bloodwork and the u/s.

• Options

yeah, I agree with pp....there is always so much info thrown atch ya, that it's a wonder if anyone could remember it all.

GL with the HSG!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    It's really hard to keep up - don't feel bad.  Glad things are looking good so far!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is hard to take it all in so I try to write everything down...GL with the HSG! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Melle,

This is where a note pad would come in handy. You could write the info down immediately or even during your appointment.

Good luck

carrie

• Options

I do that when we talk, but then during the ultrasound, he is talking to the nurse and it's not exactly a comfortable position to be taking notes in. : ) And then when I try to remember it gets all jumbled in my head like, did he say "12 under 5" or "5 under 12" and what the heck does that mean. LOL

Right now, I am just along for the ride.

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"