TTC after 35
Options

paging our TTC35+ graduates....

I'm eager to hear how you ladies are doing.  Hope the summer heat isn't beating you down or making you swell up too bad!  LOL!

Oh, and feel free to post bump pics too!  If you're comfortable with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: paging our TTC35+ graduates....

• Options
    Hi!  It is so freakin' hot!  But I am staying cool.  Everything is good.  Next milestone is the anatomy scan at 19 weeks.  Its scheduled for Aug. 12th.  Hopefully LO will be cooperative and we can find out the sex too.  
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options

I wasn't super active on TTC35+  but def. lurked a bunch!

I am getting really close!  I can't believe it!  Hanging in for the dog days & anxious to meet our LO!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
       I'm at the very end and waiting day to day to see when I'll have the baby.  I've been on hospital bed rest for pre-e since week 33 and yesterday I crossed the 36 week threshold which was the goal.  My doctor said bed rest has been so good for me and I'm totally stable now that now he's thinking of 37 weeks - good for the baby but ugh!  I can't wrap my head around the fact I could be in the hospital even longer!  My doctor said he will let me know tomorrow what our game plan is but at the latest, I'll have the baby before July 22nd.
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    OscarQOscarQ member

Not really a graduate...Still hanging out waiting for this freaking beta to reach a point where we can either see a sac/fetal pole.  I want to move onto the u/s phase - like, yesterday.

• Options
    My ultrasound picture is in my siggy.  I'm 9 weeks and 1 day, today.  My m/s is in full force, I think it's worse with this baby than it was with my first two.  Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Just looking forward to meeting this LO in February.  I go in for an NT scan on August 5th.  Hopefully everyone is doing well.  Big Smile
    imageDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimageimage
  • Options

I am a bit further along than most that have posted so far, as I've already had my baby. I was on here a bunch last summer when we were TTC our second. I was 35 at the time and had her at 36. It's our 2nd daughter, and the final member of our family, as DH and I decided long ago that we didn't want more than two if we were lucky enough to have children.

Our daughter's going to be 7 weeks old tomorrow and is doing great. I'm just starting to get sad that my maternity leave is flying by. I go back to work in Sept. Boo!

• Options
    I just got back from my 15 week appt (a day early) and all is well in the ute.  I gained 2 pounds so far!  yay!  Next u/s is in about 5 weeks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageizzourclue:
    Hi!  It is so freakin' hot!  But I am staying cool.  Everything is good.  Next milestone is the anatomy scan at 19 weeks.  Its scheduled for Aug. 12th.  Hopefully LO will be cooperative and we can find out the sex too.  

Hiya Izz!!  Glad to hear that you are doing well...despite the heat.  So, does that mean you are going to find out the sex?  How exciting!!  Do you both want to find out?  Definitely keep us updated about that!!

• Options
    imageL2theC42:

I wasn't super active on TTC35+  but def. lurked a bunch!

I am getting really close!  I can't believe it!  Hanging in for the dog days & anxious to meet our LO!

Hi L2....wow, you are close!  I bet you guys are anxious to meet the LO!!

• Options

imageJillAly:
       I'm at the very end and waiting day to day to see when I'll have the baby.  I've been on hospital bed rest for pre-e since week 33 and yesterday I crossed the 36 week threshold which was the goal.  My doctor said bed rest has been so good for me and I'm totally stable now that now he's thinking of 37 weeks - good for the baby but ugh!  I can't wrap my head around the fact I could be in the hospital even longer!  My doctor said he will let me know tomorrow what our game plan is but at the latest, I'll have the baby before July 22nd.

Hey Jill...you are super close to meeting your LO too!!  I can imagine how much the bed rest sucks...but it's all for a good end result, hang in there!

• Options
    imageOscarQ:

Not really a graduate...Still hanging out waiting for this freaking beta to reach a point where we can either see a sac/fetal pole.  I want to move onto the u/s phase - like, yesterday.

Hiya Oscar.....I can only imagine how hard the waiting is for you!  GL!!  Sending positive thoughts your way!!

• Options

imageSymharmony:
    My ultrasound picture is in my siggy.  I'm 9 weeks and 1 day, today.  My m/s is in full force, I think it's worse with this baby than it was with my first two.  Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.  Just looking forward to meeting this LO in February.  I go in for an NT scan on August 5th.  Hopefully everyone is doing well.  Big Smile

Hiya Sym...sorry to hear about the m/s being in full force!  But I totally agree about not wanting it any other way.   :)    GL on your scan!

• Options
    I too don't have our little one in my belly anymore--she's already 9 weeks old!  She is the second love of our life and such a good little girl.  DS is so in love with her too--constantly giving hugs and kisses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    imagekinsalebride:

I am a bit further along than most that have posted so far, as I've already had my baby. I was on here a bunch last summer when we were TTC our second. I was 35 at the time and had her at 36. It's our 2nd daughter, and the final member of our family, as DH and I decided long ago that we didn't want more than two if we were lucky enough to have children.

Our daughter's going to be 7 weeks old tomorrow and is doing great. I'm just starting to get sad that my maternity leave is flying by. I go back to work in Sept. Boo!

Hi kinsale...awww...7 weeks old - I bet she's a doll!!  And, definitely BOO to the maternity leave flying by...at least you have the rest of the summer until you need to think about work!

• Options

imagemomagain2009:
    I just got back from my 15 week appt (a day early) and all is well in the ute.  I gained 2 pounds so far!  yay!  Next u/s is in about 5 weeks!

Hiya moma...glad to hear that all is well in the ute and the LO is safe and sound!

• Options

imageNowDNAtoo:
    I too don't have our little one in my belly anymore--she's already 9 weeks old!  She is the second love of our life and such a good little girl.  DS is so in love with her too--constantly giving hugs and kisses.

Hiya nowDNA....that is soo sweet of your DS - and I bet it makes for some super cute pics!

• Options
    imagerach2100:

imageizzourclue:

Hiya Izz!!  Glad to hear that you are doing well...despite the heat.  So, does that mean you are going to find out the sex?  How exciting!!  Do you both want to find out?  Definitely keep us updated about that!!

Yeah, we both want to find out the sex.  I am so into going all out in the nursery and definitely want to decorate gender specific.  I will post an update as soon as we know. 

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    Hi all! I feel great - haven't had any m/s, so I feel very lucky about that. Slowly gaining weight, too. Next appointment is on the 29th. Our NT scan results from the first u/s and bloodwork came back with a 1 in 10,000 chance of having Trisomy issues and a 1 in 2,500 of having Downs. At that ultrasound, it finally seemed real, as the baby actually looked like a baby! We're planning on taking my stepdaughters to the big reveal in August, and we're all getting excited to find out its sex! Good luck to all of the +35 girls in the 2ww this week. I can't wait to see the next round of BFPs on this board!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi, I was on this board mostly before we started TTC since we were fortunate enough to be successful so quickly even though I'm 40.  I had the first of my weekly NST's this morning and they didn't tell me I was supposed to eat beforehand so the baby would be active so they put a buzzer on my belly to startle her--poor baby--her heartrate definitely got up after that!  Next week I will eat beforehand!
  • Options

Everything went great at my 16 week appointment this week.  Next up is the big Level 2 ultrasound on August 5th...can't wait.  This heat is brutal and I find that have very little tolerance.  Finally started revealing myself at work this week...it was time as my bump is pretty much giving it away anyway.  Then again, I work with 90% men so they probably haven't noticed anything.  I could walk in tomorrow as a blonde and they wouldn't notice! HA!

Waiting for some BFPs girls!  Good luck!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Hey Rach,

It's getting close now!!  About 12 days and counting...

We saw the doc this week and the baby has dropped and is station 1.  I've dilated 1 cm, but I hear that it could be at 1 cm for a while.

I've been pretty exhausted these past few days!! Luckily, my last day in the office was today.  I will still work all of next week, from home, but at least I don't have to worry about being tired and driving in.

Thanks for checking on the graduates...

I hope you are doing well!! 

• Options

imageLizzyB11:
    Hi all! I feel great - haven't had any m/s, so I feel very lucky about that. Slowly gaining weight, too. Next appointment is on the 29th. Our NT scan results from the first u/s and bloodwork came back with a 1 in 10,000 chance of having Trisomy issues and a 1 in 2,500 of having Downs. At that ultrasound, it finally seemed real, as the baby actually looked like a baby! We're planning on taking my stepdaughters to the big reveal in August, and we're all getting excited to find out its sex! Good luck to all of the +35 girls in the 2ww this week. I can't wait to see the next round of BFPs on this board!

That's great news Lizzy!   And, wow, no m/s....that is outstanding....YAY for you!!  Definitely keep us posted on your news about the big reveal! 

• Options
    imageStrunella:

Everything went great at my 16 week appointment this week.  Next up is the big Level 2 ultrasound on August 5th...can't wait.  This heat is brutal and I find that have very little tolerance.  Finally started revealing myself at work this week...it was time as my bump is pretty much giving it away anyway.  Then again, I work with 90% men so they probably haven't noticed anything.  I could walk in tomorrow as a blonde and they wouldn't notice! HA!

Waiting for some BFPs girls!  Good luck!!

OMG..strunella!!  16 weeks!  And I had to LOL at the men not noticing...I work w/mostly men too and I agree 100%!  GL at your next u/s!!

• Options
    imagemowens26:

Hey Rach,

It's getting close now!!  About 12 days and counting...

We saw the doc this week and the baby has dropped and is station 1.  I've dilated 1 cm, but I hear that it could be at 1 cm for a while.

I've been pretty exhausted these past few days!! Luckily, my last day in the office was today.  I will still work all of next week, from home, but at least I don't have to worry about being tired and driving in.

Thanks for checking on the graduates...

I hope you are doing well!! 

Hiya mowens!  OMG...how excited are you??  Last day in the office and dilated too!  That is fantastic!  Keep us posted on the baby's arrival ...which will be really soon!

• Options

imagesmynings_bride:
    Hi, I was on this board mostly before we started TTC since we were fortunate enough to be successful so quickly even though I'm 40.  I had the first of my weekly NST's this morning and they didn't tell me I was supposed to eat beforehand so the baby would be active so they put a buzzer on my belly to startle her--poor baby--her heartrate definitely got up after that!  Next week I will eat beforehand!

Hey there smynings....aw poor baby...a buzzer to startle her...I bet her rate shot right up there.  The picture in my head is sort of funny!  GL on your next weekly appt!!

• Options
    Hi girls! I am doing great. No morning sickness here either. I have been feeling so good the last two weeks. I even mowed the grass in 90 degree weather! Nuts, I know, but it was in self-propelled mode. I had my NT scan this week and the measurements were all good just waiting for the blood test results. Anatomy scan on Sept 2nd. Can't wait to find out what we are having so I can buy some stuff. I am looking forward to celebrating with all of you on the next round of positives. I think it is coming soon!!!!
  • Options
    Things have been going well with me and the babies. ?No morning sickness - just nausea. ?I don't want to eat, which is REALLY weird for me. ?We have our 20 week ultrasound on Aug. 16, and hopefully we'll find out if we're having boys and/or girls. ?I've been really taking it easy this summer, so I hope I continue to do well once we go back to school. ?I'm kind of nervous about going back, because teaching middle school is really active! ?But, I miss the kiddos, and it will be nice to get back into a regular routine.
  • Options

It's so good to see so many "graduates"!  For those of you who have been on the board awhile, Smilee had her baby.  

My LO is kicking as I type.  We had the NT scan at 20 weeks - everything looked great.  We decided not to find out the sex and just be surprised.  Old fashioned, I know, but how many true (good) surprises do you get in life??  It's making our parents crazy, but me thinks they'll find a way to survive!  

I can't believe that I'm already at 25 weeks!  I feel HUGE and am having a hard time imagining myself even bigger, but I'm definitely not complaining.  It was such a long road to get here and this board was such a tremendous help.  My wish is that everyone on this board graduates soon! 

TTC #1,
    IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
    IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
    IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
    IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
    TTC#2
    IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE reading all these updates --- so happy for all of you!!!!  

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    Lurked a lot, and posted a little, while TTC#2--it happened quickly, with help/advice from the ladies on this board, I feel. DD#2, who I had in December at 42 years of age (yeah AMA!!!), is now 7 months old and crawling! DD#1, who I had at age 38, is still in love with her sister--we'll see how long that lasts! Good luck to all! Believe!
  • Options
    I wasn't here more than a few months but consider myself a graduate and still come back to check on you all!  My LO, Andrew, is 6 months now and doing great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"