Oregon Babies

Jogging Strollers

Moms..

Tell me about jogging strollers.. That are NOT Bob's.. sorry Bob lovers, I'm not a fan .. 

I need something:

Light weight

Easy to maneuver in small spaces (ie, crowded cities)

Easy to fold/unfold

Also, where is the best place to go and test out said strollers? 

oh, something that's less than $500

THANKS!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Jogging Strollers

• Oh! Ask Crystal about hers. It's FANTASTIC! I want one. Lol...folds super easy and small. I think it's the City Mini...I don't know. But, ask her about hers. :)
  • I looked at the City Mini.. but it didn't seem to be very, JOGGING friendly?  But if it is, it might work out perfect for what I'll need.
  • Loading the player...
  • The City Mini is NOT a jogging stroller.  There's no way you could ever jog with that thing, honestly.  It's a 3 wheel mall stroller.

I have the City Elite (very similar to BOB) and love love love it.  However, it's also not reccomended for jogging.  You technically could "lightly jog" with it, but definetly no running.  There's a Baby Jogger that is made for running, I think it's a Summit XT or somethign like that?

Other jogging strollers that are rec'd are the Dreamer Design ones.  But honestly, all of my friends that run at all, have a Bob and LOVE it.  What do you hate about it so much?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageThe_Jen626:

The City Mini is NOT a jogging stroller.  There's no way you could ever jog with that thing, honestly.  It's a 3 wheel mall stroller.

I have the City Elite (very similar to BOB) and love love love it.  However, it's also not reccomended for jogging.  You technically could "lightly jog" with it, but definetly no running.  There's a Baby Jogger that is made for running, I think it's a Summit XT or somethign like that?

Other jogging strollers that are rec'd are the Dreamer Design ones.  But honestly, all of my friends that run at all, have a Bob and LOVE it.  What do you hate about it so much?

I probably don't need anything that's for running, as I plan/hope to be a "light jogger" .. But really, I need something that's light weight and compact way more than I need something for jogging (will post soon about why that is.. eeeeehhh!)

I don't like how the Bob makes the babies lay back all of the time.. Morgan HATES laying down, she's a sitter-upper and she'd lose her sh!t if I made her recline in a stroller.

I'll check out the Dreamer Design... 

• Well, my stroller, DD also "leans back" in it, she's not straight up.  Most joggers are built that way, with a little bit of a hammock seat, safer for the kiddo.  My DD also likes to sit up, so I have a child tray that she grabs onto if she wants to sit up in it.

Here you go my dear, they should be able to rec some more:

https://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2788838#post2788838

• imageThe_Jen626:

Well, my stroller, DD also "leans back" in it, she's not straight up.  Most joggers are built that way, with a little bit of a hammock seat, safer for the kiddo.  My DD also likes to sit up, so I have a child tray that she grabs onto if she wants to sit up in it.

Here you go my dear, they should be able to rec some more:

https://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2788838#post2788838

Thanks!! Hopefully we find something that fits all of my needs :D

• Jen is right, you can't "jog" with mine, BUT it is an amazing stroller. You can come over and try it out sometime if you want. I love it. I'm kind of obsessed actually.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagesoontobe05:
    Jen is right, you can't "jog" with mine, BUT it is an amazing stroller. You can come over and try it out sometime if you want. I love it. I'm kind of obsessed actually.

It really is amazing!!  I have the bigger version of that stroller and LOVE it.  Also, my friend Rebecca was like "I'm so overwhelmed with strollers" so I told her to buy the BJCM, she ordered it that night, and loves it also!!

• imageThe_Jen626:

imagesoontobe05:
    Jen is right, you can't "jog" with mine, BUT it is an amazing stroller. You can come over and try it out sometime if you want. I love it. I'm kind of obsessed actually.

It really is amazing!!  I have the bigger version of that stroller and LOVE it.  Also, my friend Rebecca was like "I'm so overwhelmed with strollers" so I told her to buy the BJCM, she ordered it that night, and loves it also!!

That's how I was. I was really overwhelmed with it. I went in to BRU to get something totally different, but then Kev was like, "Just get the Mini, it's the one you really want." and so I did. I mostly love it because of how small it folds down and how light it is. So amazing! It's the easiest stroller ever. My mom has a convert BMW and my regular stroller doesn't fit in it so this one works. Smile 

• imagesoontobe05:
    imageThe_Jen626:

imagesoontobe05:

That's how I was. I was really overwhelmed with it. I went in to BRU to get something totally different, but then Kev was like, "Just get the Mini, it's the one you really want." and so I did. I mostly love it because of how small it folds down and how light it is. So amazing! It's the easiest stroller ever. My mom has a convert BMW and my regular stroller doesn't fit in it so this one works. Smile 

Hmm.. maybe I should go with the mini .... will check it out this weekend.. is there anywhere else that sells it than BRU? Segals, REI?

• imagejoleine:
    imagesoontobe05:
    imageThe_Jen626:

imagesoontobe05:

Hmm.. maybe I should go with the mini .... will check it out this weekend.. is there anywhere else that sells it than BRU? Segals, REI?

I know Segals does, donno about REI. But seriously, if you want, you can just come over and use mine for a bit. We could take it for a walk over to Streets of Tanasbourne or something if you want.  

• My Kidz World in Beaverton on Cornell has a bunch of the more midrange jogging type strollers.  That's where we got our Phil and Ted's and love it.  I highly recommend the Phil and Ted's!  But they also have Baby Joggers and BOB's etc.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alrighty, after going to BRU and Segals and testing out a bunch of strollers.. We decided on the BOB 16" Revolution after all (it has bigger 16" wheels on the back vs the regular 12".. the front tire is still 12")

We tried out the City Mini and liked it quite a bit, especially how lightweight it is (17lbs vs the BOB being 23lbs) But then realized that Morgan's carrier car seat doesn't fit on the City Mini... So it was a no go as I wasn't going to buy a smaller car seat just to fit on the stroller as that would defeat the purpose.  See, Morgan is TALL, like VERY tall for her age.  At 5 months she's about 27" .. The car seats that fit on the CM all have a height limit of 29" or so.. Morgan's current car seat has a height limit of 32" .. Those extra inches are important!  :)

And well, we just really really like the BOB once we used it.. And Morgan loved it too! See?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"