Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Fever after 6 month vaccinations?

My LO has a fever of 99.7 and he just had his 6 month shots yesterday.  Did this happen to your LO?  Just wondering how common it is...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fever after 6 month vaccinations?

• Options
    Jaiden had a fever of 101 for about a day/day and a half after his 6 month shots. I had to give him tylenol that evening and the following morning, but he was perfectly fine after that.
  • Options
    Alex has gotten a fever after each round of vaccinations he has had.  He seems to have a very hard time with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Yep!  Grady had his shots yesterday too and has the same fever.  I gave him some Tylenol, but he is extra cranky and tired today.

I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • Options
    We just got home about an hour ago from our 6 month shots....I'll watch her.  A low grade fever isn't a bad thing necessarily (per research out there).  A low grade fever is the body's way of fighting stuff off.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

My LO had a low grade fever like yours after her 6 month shots.  She was way sicker after the 6 month ones than her 2 and 4 month.  I was actually quite worried about her after the 6 month shots because she became quite lethargic and clammy, etc.

Within 36 hours though, she was completely back to normal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Totally normal. :) And I, personally, don't even given Tylenol for a fever that low. I tend to hold off if it's below 100.4

DS's temp hit 100 after his 6 month shots. I watched him, kept him cool, and it went away on its own within 24 hours or so.

• Options
    Not after her 6 mth. but tha happened after her 4 month shots. She had a low grade fever and runny nose for about 2 days. Completely normal to have that reaction, I jsut gave her tylenol.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Options

I did give some Tylenol and now he's taking a nap.  He also had NO problem at 2 and 4 months which is why I was alarmed. 

I see someone said to keep him cool but he has goosebumps on his legs so I covered his bottom half with a blanket, hope that won't keep the fever from going down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"