Rhode Island Babies
Options

Daycare on the East Side

Hi, we're due with our first child in September, I will stay at home until the 3rd of January, but then back to work. We're having difficulty finding a daycare option that works for us. I'd love to have a nanny but the cost is a bit high so we're considering a nanny share, does any one else do this? If so, please let me know what your experience is like, also please let me know if you are interested in sharing a nanny! We are also looking into in-home daycare as a second option... ?does anyone have any recommendations for day care facilities on the East Side??

?Thanks so much!?

Re: Daycare on the East Side

• Options

Hi!

I live on the East Side, too, and I might be interested. We have looked at the Lincoln Little School day care because it was highly recommended. We put ourselves on the waitlist, but it's an expensive day care and I would still prefer a nanny for the personalized approach.

The teacher/infant ratio at Lincoln is 1:3. The same applies to the JCC day care. Then there is Eastside Early Learning Center, on Blackstone, whcih has a 1:4 ratio is therefore a lot less expensive. 

I guess it all depends on how much attention you want your baby to get. I feel very strongly that the first year or two are very important.

Did you already interview nannies? 

• Options
    Hi, thanks for your reply. we have not interviewed nannies yet, we'll likely do so in the next couple weeks. We're also visiting daycare centers. Hopefully before baby arrives we'll have it figured out. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    good luck! If you want to email me about a nanny, I am available at halbedel@gmail.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"