Orange County Babies
Options

Prenatal Pilates or Yoga? And where?

Does anyone have any recommendation as to which they felt was more beneficial to them - pilates or yoga during pregnancy?  Also, where did you attend the class? I've done a little research on local South OC spots (I live in Dana Point) and have called a couple of places.  The closest pilates studio to me actually told me they could just teach me to modify pilates moves and then I could join any of their classes, which is not what I'm really looking for.  I'm actually interested in being in a class with other pregnant women to share tips, fears, etc.  Any suggestions out there would be helpful! Thanks.

Re: Prenatal Pilates or Yoga? And where?

• Options

I know Yoga Works in Mission Viejo does a Prenatal Yoga class:

https://www.yogaworks.com/location.aspx?lid=12

I think it's only one day a week though.  I bought DVD's online to do pilates and yoga at home and love them!

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
  • Options
    augs06augs06 member
    I can't say that yoga is better than pilates because I didn't try prenatal pilates.  I did love the PN yoga classes I took this pregnancy.  I think it really helped me during delivery.  I'm in Huntington though and the studio is up here, Cloud 9 Yoga.
    forcing sisterly love since 07.06.10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took all of my prenatal yoga and pilates at Studio Seaside in Corona del Mar (NB) and continue to go there now for their other classes. M and I both love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ocmom4ocmom4 member

ABC pilates is in Laguna Niguel and they have some great prenatal classes. 

• Options
    Hi!  I actually am a Prenatal Pilates Instructor at a lovely studio in Costa Mesa.  I think that both Prenatal Yoga and Pilates are so beneficial for pregnancy - it's amazing how they will make you feel both during and after pregnancy (with the recovery process).  I would be cautious about going to a place that would simply "modify" the exercises for you - you should see someone who is extensively certified to work out a pregnant body because there are quite a few modifications to recognize as the pregnancy progresses.  Feel free to contact me if you want any more additional info.  I'm 3 months along and would love to have more people to share the experience with!
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"