Military Families
Options

lovely timing...sigh

Well, I'm not sure what I'm looking to get out of making this post, but I wanted to more for my sanity than anything else. Haha.

DH found out yesterday that his unit is getting orders for deploying next summer. Which means that he's going to miss DD's first birthday Sad and second birthday...I hate 18 month deployments. If it was just a year I would be ecstatic.

I keep telling myself "we cry and then we move on" but right now that is not helping. I'm not worried about me...I've been through this before...I just keep thinking about how I'm going to explain to a toddler that her daddy is going away for a long time. He was gone this past weekend and even though she's only 3(almost) weeks old she knew that he was gone and when he got home last night she just stared at him no matter who was holding her. My greatest fear is that he won't come back...and then I'm going to have to explain that her daddy won't ever be back.

I've decided that I'm going to make the best of every single day that we have together between now and then. And we're going to have her first birthday party before he leaves. I know everything will be okay. I've just got to get it in head that we'll be fine and that since she's so young she hopefully won't remember much of the deployment. 

Well, thanks for letting me get all that out. I really don't have anyone to talk to about this right now. We aren't telling anyone about the deployment just yet. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lovely timing...sigh

• Options

Sounds like your life is overwhelming right now for sure. 

We also had our oldest child's 1st birthday a month before his actual birthday so that his daddy could be there for it.

To be honest, because she'll be so young she won't remember much of it which is good. When they are a bit older, about 2ish, they really start becoming aware of what's going on with parents leaving and coming.

Either way, it really sucks. I've been there done that got the t-shirt with both of my kids at various ages.

I think you have a good outlook on taking and making the most of each day!

You can PM me if you ever want to. My kids are 6 and 2 and my husband has been on 2 deployments. Missing many birthdays/first time doing (x) and what have you.

• Options

im sorry to hear that you are going through this.  i know how hard it is. 

i missed my dds first birthday due to a deployment.  i missed her first steps. i try to look at the bright side of things.  i got to potty train her, and i got to introduce her to mac n cheese. 

like pp said she is so young she probably wont even remember. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageblueshirt2003:

Sounds like your life is overwhelming right now for sure. 

We also had our oldest child's 1st birthday a month before his actual birthday so that his daddy could be there for it.

To be honest, because she'll be so young she won't remember much of it which is good. When they are a bit older, about 2ish, they really start becoming aware of what's going on with parents leaving and coming.

Either way, it really sucks. I've been there done that got the t-shirt with both of my kids at various ages.

I think you have a good outlook on taking and making the most of each day!

You can PM me if you ever want to. My kids are 6 and 2 and my husband has been on 2 deployments. Missing many birthdays/first time doing (x) and what have you.

Thanks! My DH keeps telling me not to worry and that everything is going to be fine. But, I think he's saying that for himself moreso than me. He was only gone three days and he was texting me every hour on the hour wondering how DD was doing. He's already wrapped around her little finger. 

I've been trying to remember stuff from when I was that young and I can't. My first real memory was when I was 2 and Hugo hit SC. So hopefully she won't remember too much of his being gone. But, I know she'll be proud of her daddy and what he does.

I'll take you up on the PM thing. I love having people that understand. 

imagecearleyjay:

im sorry to hear that you are going through this.  i know how hard it is. 

i missed my dds first birthday due to a deployment.  i missed her first steps. i try to look at the bright side of things.  i got to potty train her, and i got to introduce her to mac n cheese. 

like pp said she is so young she probably wont even remember. 

Oh wow...I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to miss her first birthday. I've come to decide that looking on the bright side of things is always best Big Smile Haha mac n cheese is awesome and I'm sure she loved it didn't she? 

• Options
    I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time. :(  Right after we found out I was pregnant last March DH's national guard unit told them at drill the following weekend that they are deploying.  He leaves right after our baby's due date, so I am glad he will get to be there for her birth.  I didn't know they were still doing 18 month deployments... that stinks but keep in mind things can always change.  Maybe it will be shorter or the dates will change!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"