North Dakota Babies
Options

The morning just kept on getting better....

1.  On my way to the ultrasound and the NST, I get stuck in stand still traffic on 95N.  Thank goodness I left an hour early for my appointment.  Needless to say I was extremely stressed out as Mya and I were running at 9:30am in order to walk in on time or else I would not have been seen.  They are that strict.

2. During the ultrasound I start to ask questions concerning weight and what she is looking at and she doesn't talk back.  She just simply responded that we will discuss it later.  WHAT?  You are not going to at least share with me what you are looking at.

3.  I have never had a NST before and the woman hooks me up and asked me if I was ready to start.  I nicely asked her if she could tell me how this works since I have never had one before and she responds well didn't you have one with your other daughter.  I responded no because she was early.  She then quickly tells me what the test entails and then walks out of the room for 20 minutes.  Well since I was stressed out already the baby wasn't moving for me to hit the button.  She comes in and says, "The baby isn't moving?" I told her that I told the ultrasound tech that it because it was a crazy morning.  She then tells me to start rolling from side to side, which then provokes activity thank goodness.

4.  The ultrasound tech comes in and tells me that I am having a 9 pounder. (THE CURSE OF THE JULY GIRLS.) What???? She told me 4 weeks ago that I was having a baby not even 6 pounds.  How is this possible if they, on average, gain a half an ounce a day???  She then gives me all of my paperwork and tells me that I need to go and see the doctor that I refuse to see.  I told her that I wasn't going to see him and she said that I needed to go over to the doctor's office and negotiate with them who I was going to see. Keep in mind, I don't have an appointment.

5.  Mya and I go over to the doctor's office and they asked me why I was there because I didn't call nor did I have an appointment and I explain the situation.  They told me that the other midwife was working and I agreed to see her.  Well they tell me to take a seat.  Mya and I waited for over an hour before being taken back.  Then they tell me to do everything that I would at a normal appointment.  I guess that they are not going over the paperwork with me? The nurse told me that someone logged me out since it was not my appointment today and I would have probably been sitting there for a while more if they didn't see us.  Finally, I see the midwife and I question the paperwork and especially the weight.  She starts feeling and says that she thinks that the baby is probably 8 lbs.  WHAT????  How???  Because of that she said that I need to be scheduled for an induction.  Guess what the first day she says is... my birthday.  NOOOOOOO!!!!!  Mya immediately responds that it can't be that day and the midwife asks why?  Mya says, "It's my mama's birthday."  She then gives me the 14th.  However, I have no time.  Was everyone else given a definite time or were they also told to call the hospital at 9am on your induction day? 

Okay... I will stop venting now, but I will probably write more later.   Cookies for everyone who read this!!!

Re: The morning just kept on getting better....

• Options

1. OMG, you're gonna have a baby in two days!!

2. I'm sorry you had such a shitty experience.  The tech sucks.

3.  When the scheduled my c section, they told me it would be at 9am and to get there around 6am, before that I was supposed to call at 5am to make sure they weren't too busy.  Maybe you should call L&D and see what they say about the timing.

4.  Good luck!

• Options

What a day. I hope that no one ele has a bad morning like some of the July girls.  I am sorry that you were stuck in traffic, they broad seemed like a treat for the u/s, the NST test would stress me out personally.  I am glad you got some movement from Ava.  That is insane that they sent you over, don't you think they would have called.  Is it their first day?  I am glad she changed your inductiond date, I would maybe call tomorrow and follow up if there is a time at the hospital so you don't run into the issue of it not really being set up.

Hopefully Ava comes on her own before your induction.

And if you need to vent more, please feel free to do so, it is what we are here for.

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

:::HUGS::: Ava is healthy. You are healthy. Mya was there to support you. you didn't have to deal with the awful doctor.  You planned ahead and didn't miss your stress test. these are all good things.

FWIW, I think it is incredibly common, though very frustrating, for US techs not to talk/ answer questions, especially while they are 'looking.'  

I was told to call L&D at 4am to make sure there was space for me for a 7am induction.  So, calling at 9am sounds similar.  

Meg, you can do this! You are already a wonderful mother. :::VIBES::: for a smooth delivery.  Ava will be here soon.  In the meantime relax and enjoy these last few days of your pregnancy. <3 u!

• Options
    Whoa! I just hope your day gets better. Hugs!!!
  • Options

Whew, good news is, you survived the morning and I'm hoping things are better now?

U/S tech's are not allowed here to disclose any information- liability issues and all. And, like the girls mentioned the time frame they give you is in case of a bump or rush in the event of them being backed up in L&D.

• Options
    That's so much news in one post!  First, I'm sorry that it was a crappy morning, but the brightside is that you're having a baby in 2 days!!!!!  I don't understand how the baby grew so much so fast.  That sounds kind of nuts!  I can't wait for Ava's arrival!
  • Options
    Woah, what a morning! I'm sorry you had to deal with that! From what I understand, growth u/s's at this point are notoriously innaccurate. Regardless of whether she is 6 or 8lbs, it's time for her to come out!
    Siggy Deleted Due to Internet Stalking. Mama to Q, born July 2010
  • Options
    What a long morning at the Dr's office for you!  Sorry you weren't getting the answers you wanted but Yay to having a baby in 2 days!!
  • Options

Oh goodness girl what a day!!!But you are having a baby in 2 days!!!!!!

When they scheduled my induction they had told me a time to be at the hospital by.... 

• Options

You are having a baby in 2 days!! That is so exciting!

Sorry that the tech and the morning sucked though, but I'm very glad you didn't have to see that dr and that Mya was there with you to "support" you.

image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Holy crap!!

I cant believe the stress you've had to endure!  Not good for your blood pressure, huh?

I was induced with Britt -- they gave me a "tentative" day - Tuesday - and said if they "weren't busy" when I called every hour to see if it was a good time, then I would have her that day.  We started calling at 7am - and were finally told we could come in at 3pm (after them hearing me sobbing about it).  Hopefully your hospital won't be too busy.  Call the doc tomorrow and see what time they want you there.

Yay... you're having a baby in 2 days and will be home before your birthday!!!

• Options
    Wow!  You had a crazy day!  Sorry that your u/s tech was such a pain in the @ss!  But you are having a baby in 2 days!  Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry it was such a crappy day for you Meg.  On the upside though, Ava's birth is in sight!!!

And how cute is Mya for watching over you?

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Lisa7Lisa7 member
    Oh my gosh., what a day! I am so sorry you had to deal with those rude people
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

2 more days!!

Don't read too much into the growth u/s -- they were off by more than 2lbs for me (though I hope they're wrong in the other direction for you!)

I only ever had one u/s tech who told me what was going on.  All of the others said they weren't allowed to read ultrasounds.  It sucks that she was so rude about it, though.

And I guess they do inductions differently here, because my dr. called the hospital and set up a time & day for me to come in.  I knew exactly when to come in.  But I live in a tiny little place so that's probably why.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"