Potty Training
Options

HELP! DS scared to poop on the potty!

DS has gone on the potty one time. For a month or so now he's been telling us when he pooped and then he'll say he wants his diaper changed. Now he has started telling us that he has to poop. The problem is he says he has to poop then starts saying he wants his diaper changed before he has even gone.Then he will get hysterical wanting his diaper changed but there's nothing to change!

We keep trying to get him to sit on the potty and go but he totally freaks out, refuses to sit on it and starts screaming that he wants a diaper. So what do we do now?!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: HELP! DS scared to poop on the potty!

• Options
    I wouldn't be putting him on the potty anymore when that happens. He sounds scared for some reason. If he is insistant to have his diaper changed, maybe take it off and show him that there is nothing in it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS does something similar.  When he freaks out and doesn't want to go on the potty, I don't push it.  The last thing I want to do is make this an ongoing battle with him so that he dreads or resents potty training.  I figure that when he is completely ready, PT will be that much easier.  Hopefully it's soon, though.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"