Austin Babies
Options

Rocking chair with no headrest - will it work?

Hey ladies.  As part of our nursery, we have asked for things from both of our parents to put in the nursery.  One of the items DH's parents brought us this weekend is a rocking chair.  It is just an old wooden rocking chair that belonged to DH's grandmother and they'd held on to it.  It is quite comfortable, but when you sit in it you can't lean your head back as the back is very short.  DH and I are both pretty short (I'm 5'4 and he's 5'7), so I can't imagine anyone taller sitting in it. 

Anyway, I'd like to use it, but I'm concerned that when I'm rocking our baby at 3 am that I'm going to want to rest my head, and there's no way to do it here.  Is this really going to make a difference?  We can always get another rocking chair later, but I'm just curious if this is a show-stopper.

Thanks,

Amy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rocking chair with no headrest - will it work?

• Options
    I'm a wimp, so I wanted the most comfy chair possible.  I fell asleep in the chair many times during the first few months.  However, my BFF had one similar to what you're describing and it worked out just fine for her.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

It wouldn't be a show-stopper (since it's better than no chair), but I'm not a huge fan of wooden rocking chairs.

But ditto PP - I fell asleep in mine a LOT early on and during middle of the night feedings.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would recommend that you go with something you would be comfortable for long periods of time.  I love our chair (it's a rocker/recliner) and I loved being able to lean back and rest while nursing.
    image Bloom Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"