Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

scrape/small cut on eyelid

DD was rubbing around her eyes, and must have scratched with her fingernails enough to make a tiny cut.  It's sort of just oozing fluid, not really bleeding, and it's dried, it was never a lot of fluid.  I'm going to clean the area, but should I also apply neosporin?  Anyone else have something like this happen?  Should I call the pedi to see what to do?

Re: scrape/small cut on eyelid

• Options
    I've put neosporin on his nose before but I'm not sure about the eye. If so, just a tiny bit so it doesn't get in the eye. Also, if you BF, their cuts don't tend to get infected so you could just clean it and keep an eye on it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options

I'd call pedi.  I believe neosporin is what they put in newborn's eyes but I'd check with pedi to be sure it's ok.

PP-Don't know where you heard that BF babies cuts can't get infected because they most certainly can.  I cut DS trimming his nail and his finger got all red and swollen the next day.  Eventually neosporin made it better, but it took a few days.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really don't think it's that serious if there was never any blood. DD scratches herself too sometimes (nothing deep, no blood, just a little red) but everything just heals fast. I feel bad about it everytime though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DS has cut his eye lid with his fingernails a few times.  (I cut his nails every other day, I have no idea how he ends up with so many scrapes!  I blame in on a bear he wrestles with at night...)  I've never called the pedi about it and they've always healed up and been gone in a few days.  I'd be worried he'd rub his eyes and rub the neosporine into his eye (not that I have any idea if that would be a bad thing, just seems like it wouldn't be good.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"