Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Numb leg from epidural

I got an epidural while in labor and it didn't seem to bother me at all. Except, I have this numb spot on my left leg. I kept waiting for it to go away after they took out the epidural and it never did. I mentioned it to just about every nurse and they all seemed to shrug it off and say it was normal.

It's on the inside of my leg starting from the middle of my knee up to about mid-thigh. I can still move my leg, but the muscle has kind of given out a couple times. It most often happens going up or down the stairs. It feels kind of tingly like when your foot falls asleep.

I've looked it up on google and it seems to happen alot. Did anyone else have this happen to them? I wonder how much longer it will stay this way, or if it will every go away...

Re: Numb leg from epidural

• This happened to me as well... I felt every contraction and didnt think the epidural worked for me at all- the only thing it did was make my legs numb, the inside of my left thigh stayed this way only until about 24 hours after giving birth. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had that same problem up until about 1 wk pp. Now from time to time I get tingly sensations down my right calf and cold sensations from time to time on the area on the back where the epi was.

When it was placed, I still felt half of my body and every single contraction. It wasn't placed right. Horrible. The new anesthesiologist that came on shift right before my c/s told me he might have to put me under a general...but he gave me just enough Ketamine and Versed so I remember nothing :)

• Loading the player...
  • Well, I guess I'm totally opposite. My epidural worked perfectly. The nurses were commenting on how well it was working. I felt absolutely nothing, but was still able to move my legs and my lower body. I did notice my left leg was a little more numb then everywhere else.

I'm 3 weeks pp and that spot is still numb, and doesn't feel any better than it did then. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"