Austin Babies
Options

Maternity clothes...

I am to the point where I need to start buying some.  Where are some good places to go and does anyone know any Gap stores in the area that carry maternity?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Maternity clothes...

• Options

A Pea in the Pod is having a huge sale right now.  Don't be afraid to buy clothes that seem too roomy now in the belly.  I balked at those and now all the ones I bought that fit a month ago are way too snug.  You will grow into everything.

Old Navy has some good basic stuff- tees and skirts, etc.  They have a page called "customer favorites" and the items on there are highly rated. 

• Options
    I've shopped at Motherhood Maternity, Target and Old Navy.  I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on maternity clothes so I tried to go as cheap as possible. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For some reason none of the Austin GAP stores carry maternity, but there are 3 in San Antonio if you ever come this way: Quarry Market, Northstar Mall and the shops at La Cantera. Those are all on the northwest side of town, off of 281.
    Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

The maternity clothes in my closet mostly came from Kohl's. A few pieces came from J C Penney, Motherhood, and Sears (Sears has a surprisingly large selection of maternity clothes in a variety of sizes).

When I look at which clothing items seemed to fit best and hold up the best, it seems that the stuff from Kohl's has been best for me. There are frequently sales at Kohl's, so you should never pay full price.

Motherhood is more expensive and the shirts that I have from there do not seem to have held up as well as I would have expected.

JC Penney had the best jeans for early/mid pregnancy, but two shirts that I bought there shrank more than I expected.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am cheap and knew that I wouldn't be wearing them very long so I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on maternity clothes.

I bought most of mine at Motherhood maternity, Kohl's, and Target. I haven't bought any maternity clothes this pregnancy because I had some leftover from my first pregnancy and my mom bought me a lot of stuff. Plus, I have been so fortunate this time around that I can wear a lot of my regular clothes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I bought a bunch of non-maternity stretchy Ts at Gap Body (at Barton Creek) - they're super-duper soft and very stretchy, and I'm still able to wear them now after I've lost all my baby weight because they held their shape even after my big 'ol belly stretched them out! Target's Mossimo t-shirts and tanks were also great while I was pregnant (non-maternity, bigger size)!

My very, very BEST maternity clothing purchase was a pair of Paige maternity jeans! They look just like my regular Paige jeans but they have a stretchy waist-band, which I loved because I still felt fashionable as I felt more and more like a whale each day! Yes, they were expensive (about $200) but the price was worth it because they were really the only pair of real, non-comfy pants I wore - I think I probably wore them at least three days a week. Then after I gave birth I continued to wear them for a couple of months because they didn't look like typical maternity jeans but they had a nice stretchy waist-band. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There's a consignment sale coming up - FairyTale Threads. Not a huge selection of maternity, but excellent prices. New moms get in early on certain days.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hey I just got an email that Old Navy is having a huge sale right now. $5 Tees/Tanks $15 gauchos and $19 pants! This sale is going on until the 22nd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"