Success after IF

contractions every 7-10 min, WWYD??

So, I'm having contractions every 7-10 min.  Problem is - they are not as painful as I thought they were supposed to be.  They feel like menstrual cramps - like BH but stronger. 

I started having them yesterday afternoon - they were 25 mintues apart.  Had them all night, but slept through most of it.  Woke up at 3am to time them (they were 10 min then), went back to sleep at 5am, and woke up again at 630am.  They've been b/w 7-10 minutes since. 

I've changed positions, drank water, and they keep coming.  I went for a walk and I didn't notice any contractions for 20 minutes, but then as soon as I sat down, they started back to very 7-8 minutes.

SO I'm really confused.  I'd swear this is false labor b/c they cx are not that intense, but the frequency is throwing me off.

WWYD?  I DO NOT want to be that girl who goes to the hospital to be sent home!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: contractions every 7-10 min, WWYD??

• Oh and the cx last 55 sec to 1 min and 20 sec.
  • at 37 weeks i would just continue getting through them and waiting for them to get closer!!  (you might want to call your doc to give them a heads up and double check) but it sure sounds like you are in labor!!  holy crap!!  any bloody show or anythng?  some people handle early labor fairly easily...it may not get more painful for you until later...and like you said, it could be false labor.  If you are game, try birthing balls, walking, or any of the other things that are supposed to help it progress...if you don't feel quite ready, you could just rest and see if it goes away.  At this point, I highly doubt they would want to stop your labor.  (((hugs)))  good luck and keep us updated!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe call your doc?  my friend said her contractions weren't painful until her water broke!  Good luck!
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • I'd make sure your hospital bag is packed! My first labor was like that-- they started in the morning and weren't that painful, but got closer together and more painful throughout the day.

Give your doc a call if you want to check in. They may tell you to wait until the contrax are closer together-- I was supposed to wait till they were 5 mins apart, but yours may be different. 

Good luck!

• ditto nicolita.  I was supposed to wait until 5min apart.  I ended up calling when I was consistently 10 min apart.  10min apart exactly for one hr.  If they were false labor it would be 10min then 20min then 18min, etc - that isn't labor.

I called when I was 10 min apart because I have IC which makes my labor go faster.  By the time the on call  nurse called me back I was like 5-7min apart. 

call to tell them.  some ppl go quick and some ppl can have false labor for weeks.

• imageitsmyangel:
    Maybe call your doc?  my friend said her contractions weren't painful until her water broke!  Good luck!

This! I'd check in with your OB and see what they say. 

I was almost 41 weeks, but my OB told me to come in when they were 5 minutes apart....I never got there. They weren't even 10 minutes apart when my water broke. When I got to the doctor 30 minutes later, I was at 8 cm! 

Good luck!

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • personally I'd wait a bit, see if they get closer and more painful
  • laura1laura1 member

That happened to me with DD.  At 7pm, I started having mildly painful contractions 10-15 min apart.  I called my parents to have them come stay at our house with DS in case I went in to the hospital overnight.  By the morning, I had been able to sleep a little, was still home, and they were still inconsistent.  But by 2pm, they became more painful and were 4-6 minutes apart.  At that time I called my OB and went in.  We got there at 3pm, got my epi by 4:30pm and DD was born by 6:45pm.  

So, I would say you are in early labor!  I was told to go in at 4-1-1 (4 min apart, 1 min long, for 1 hour), but call your OB to confirm!

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would definitely wait.  I also wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with being sent home.  It's better than sitting around the hospital for long periods of time because you arrived too early.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • that definitely sounds like early labor to me...   that's how mine started.   they were like menstrual cramps, but not too terribly painful.    but that changed very quickly (my water also broke early in labor).     I'd probably call the doctor just to let them know, but I wouldn't go in until either your water breaks or they are more like 5-7 minutes apart consistantly for about an hour.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"