Military Families
Options

facebook vent

so one of my friends on FB said her dr asked about induction today at her appointment because her hubby is leaving weeks after her due date.  I simply said I wouldn't do it and it wasn't worth it to me.  (I got induced 3 days before my due date so DH who was in afghan could skype and there were other personal issues as to why i didnt want to go past my due date.).  wow, i shouldn'tve wrote that.  SO many people started to defend her and what not and said their babies were induced and were fine and since her DH is getting ready to deploy he should have time with her.

Well, what these people dont know is that my DH was gone and wouldn'tve met DS until he was 6 months old had he not been born with a lfie threatening defect so he came home on E Leave.  I love how people jump to conclusions and say people dont know anything until they are put in that situation.  hmmm, id say my situation was worse. 

Urghhhh. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: facebook vent

• Options

yeah i guess it depends on who the audience is.... sometimes it seems like people like to post just for the controversy.... very frustrating!!

I have been afraid to ask ANYONE about inducing.... mine would have to be at 37-38 weeks weeks in order for DH to meet the baby, and after that one week window of leave he'll be gone for maybe a year? Part of me thinks the OB would understand since its a naval hospital, and if things seem far enough along maybe they would? But they adhere to some stuff SO strictly... I really don't know.. I also see a different nurse-midwife every time, so that doesn't help things. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was due on the 25th of April and BF was leaving the week before, my OB ordered an u/s and then once my LO was measuring well he offered to induce me (BF and I were really torn but in the end it came down to BF being able to meet his son) so we schedualed to be induced on the 13th, but ended up having DS naturally on the 10th.

mollylila it can't hurt to ask, the worst that can happen is he'll say no...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is supposed to leave soon (a week before our due date), and we asked about an induction at our last appt, or at least some options. They told us that the hospital here won't do a social induction, even a week early, because they "are too busy and don't have time for stuff like that", and this is at the army clinic. They won't even strip my membranes until the day he is supposed to leave, even though she has actually been measuring and developing a week plus ahead, and is already theoretically over 7 lbs. We're trying to work with his command, but... yeah. So I guess being able to get an induction is based on location? I don't want DH to leave without meeting his little girl, but at this point, we're at the mercy of someone already on the other side of the world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"