Phoenix Babies

Pedi who will break up the MMR shot

I have a friend who is afraid of getting the MMR for her DD.  She has been looking for a pedi that will separate the MMR.  I told her I would ask here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pedi who will break up the MMR shot

• Unfortunately, even if you found a Pedi who would (and there are some here, check thevaccinebook.com for a list of Pedi's in the area who will do modified vaccines) they actually don't make seperate MMR's anymore :(.

The company that used make them to has stopped producing them.  I believe you can get 2 of the 3 seperate but for the 3rd you would have to get the combo anyway.  Her best option is to find a Pedi who will delay the MMR until the age of 4 if she's worried about it.  By the age of 4 the immune system is better developed and her kid will probably only need a single dose as opposed to an initial dose with follow up booster shots. If she's a SAHM it's unlikely her child will come in contact with those 3 diseases before he/she gets the vaccine.

• Thanks.  I will give her the info.  We are both teachers in low income populations with high risk according to the health department.  (It means that even if our students are properly vaccinated most younger siblings are not.)  Her pedi told her to get the vaccine ASAP because of the rise in measles occurrence in southern AZ.   She is just super nervous about it.

I will pass on the link. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"