Michigan Babies
Options

Looking for a Lac Consultant

Anyone know of where I can get some help/support.  My DS is 4 weeks old and I cannot get him to latch without using a breast shield.  The only reason the nurse gave it to me was because of engorgement issues the day after his birth.  He either freezes up without it or screams his head off.  Not very convenient to need this thing every time and everywhere we go.

Thanks in advance,

Kelly 

IAmPregnant Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Looking for a Lac Consultant

• Options
    Kelly I hope this isn't too late! You can call Spectrum Health hospital directly and ask for their lactation consultant warm line for help. There is also a support group tuesdays and thursdays every week at one of the Spectrum Health campuses. Tuesdays are at the South Pavilion at 68th and Division and Thursday they are at the Healthier Communities near 4th and Seward downtown. Both days are 12:30 till typically just after 2:30 to 3. I went when DS was young and it made a world of a difference and got me off the shield. I know St. Mary's has a group as well, although I've never attended that, so I'm unsure of the times and place. Good luck! 
  • Options

Hi Kelly,

Also I hope I am not too late.  I live in Holland and made the drive to GR to visit Baby Beloved.  The LC there was great.  She was even willing to come to my house ( for a fee).  It took one session to get our latch and to get all of my questions answered.  Also if  you have PH insurance , they pay for the consulation ( you will still owe your co-pay).  I hope this helps.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Roxy is right, the ladies at Baby Beloved are AWESOME and Kelly, the Lac consult, is super nice. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"