Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What was the worst part of labor for you?

2»

Re: What was the worst part of labor for you?

• Options
    CassRWCassRW member

Well after the pushing for 2 hours...my epidural line somehow became disconnected.  So while waiting for them to get me to the OR for a c-section, I severely needed to push but couldn't...that was so hard.  But the worst part was they had to knock me out for the section, because I could still feel everything.  So after all that, I didn't even get to see my son when he finally arrived.

All that because his tiny little head was turned sideways...

• Options
    I can never make up my mind, but its either when the first epi failed and they made me wait 45 minutes (w/ pitocin contractions) in order to be sure it really failed before giving me a second, or when following my failed 28 hr induction and c section, the dr started putting me back together and the epi was wearing off/not strong enough and I started feeling my organs being shoved back in.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKristinB!:

Me?  The contractions!  Despite only getting to 5 cm, then being rushed into an emergency C-section, I'd still say the pain of the contractions (before the epidural) was the worst. 

I always wonder how bad they could have gotten... yikes.

Exactly this.  I only made it 4cm before the epidural (I also ended with a c/s). NO WAY could I have gone natural.   

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Labor and delivery with no pain meds because the @ss of a dr. on wouldn't check me and didn't believe I could "make progress" that quickly.  BIATCH!
  • Options
    One word: Forceps.
  • Options

The shivering after she was born.   Second was the internal checks.

24 hours of unmedicated pitocin labor (I got an epidural for the next 12), two hours of unsuccesful pushing, a c-section and, I swear, it was the shivering in the recovery room that makes me not want to have another baby.

• Options

imageaajfoster:
    Pushing for 2 1/2 hours

This and not eating for 30+ hours.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"