Military Families
Options

Wondering about homecoming in a month.

My husband has been underway since I was about 18 weeks pregnant and will be coming back around my 36 week mark. I'm a little nervous about his homecoming. I'm not really sure what to expect from him or myself. We have a wonderful relationship as it is and we are very communicative. I feel great in my skin and love what pregnancy looks like on me, but still there is a huge difference from week 18 to week 36. Yes, I'm sending him pictures so he has seen how I've changed and grown in that time. I'll be close to the end of the pregnancy and I'm sure I'll be more irritable and uncomfortable as we get to the end. I just don't know what to expect when he comes home. I know it is silly...

Re: Wondering about homecoming in a month.

• Options
    I wish I could give you advice but in another 10 weeks (give or take) I will be in the same spot.   DH left when I was at 12 weeks and will get back when I'm about 30.  I am already overweight so I'm nervous as to what he will think when he see's me even bigger.  I thought about being sneaky so that DH can't see any pics - but then again who knows.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH left when I was pg with A at around 18 weeks.  He came home around 30 weeks.  I had sent him a few pics of the belly while he was gone, so he knew what I looked like.  He wasn't prepared for it one bit to see me in person.  He was so overcome that he almost teared up. 

Your DH is going to love seeing your belly and feeling your baby move.  Have him rub lotion on your belly.  J would rub the lotion on and talk to the baby every night.  He loved it.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh my gosh! He will be so excited to see that belly!

I left GTMO at 16 weeks and B came back for Lil B's birth about a 2 weeks before my due date. He just loved seeing the belly.

When it came to being in the bedroom - HE never had a problem. Just be ready for him to be nervous or he might not care a bit.

Don't worry about what "should" be happening just take your homecoming one day at a time and do what feels right for you guys.(((YAY for him being home to see baby born!!)

• Options

I think he'll be so excited to see you and feel his baby moving, it'll trump every worry you have.

Just be aware he may be scared of 'hurting' your baby in bed! Just make sure to assure him that he ain't THAT big. LOL 

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    My husband left before we even knew we were expecting and came back when I was 37 weeks obviously there was a HUGE change in  my body by then.  I worried about the same things but the second I saw him with that huge smile looking at my belly I completely forgot all about that stuff.  If anything you can expect lots of questions, he'll probably stare at you a lot when he thinks you're not paying attention and you'll most likely hear "i don't want to hurt you/the baby" more than once. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"