Success after IF
Options

Quick...just did Lupron injection and there was blood when I pulled needle out...

I did the sub q injection as normal and when i pulled the needle out, several large blood drops came out...this has never happened before.  Is this ok?  I didnt htink you could inject into or hit a vein.....
Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Quick...just did Lupron injection and there was blood when I pulled needle out...

• Options
    As far as I know, there are no veins to hit there.  You don't even need to aspirate with sub-Q injects.  You may have hit some small capillaries.  I am a bleeder and bruiser with injections, so it is normal for me to bleed a bit.  Are you on baby aspirin?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No, Im not on asprin....I did notice the needle felt strange going in, almost like it was hitting something....
    Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
    Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
    2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
    Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I was warned that this could happen, and it did a couple times.  Kind of a surprise when it did since usually there was no blood.
  • Options
    It happens.  Not sure why, I just know it does and it's ok.
  • Options

imagekatezta:
    As far as I know, there are no veins to hit there.  You don't even need to aspirate with sub-Q injects.  You may have hit some small capillaries.  I am a bleeder and bruiser with injections, so it is normal for me to bleed a bit.  Are you on baby aspirin?

I also think it's capillaries.  I bled a few times myself and bruised.  I was on baby aspirin.  I think it's normal and not anything to worry about.

2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
    IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP
    FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
    IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN
    8/16: hysteroscopy for polyp removal
    11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another polyp removal
    FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 845= BFP
    u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13...

• Options
    AlikiAliki member
    imagemama_cito95:

imagekatezta:

I also think it's capillaries.  I bled a few times myself and bruised.  I was on baby aspirin.  I think it's normal and not anything to worry about.

This. When you're on baby aspirin, you're more apt to bleed. You're OK. :)

TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"