Texas Babies
Options

AW: Full term!

Woot!  37 weeks today!  Hopefully Jacob will stay put for at least another week or two so I can finish up a few things, but really I would be prepared if he showed up now.  =)

Appointment with the midwife went great today.  Everything looked great - blood pressure still low, actually lost a pound this week (lol), and best of all I AM GBS NEG!  

So excited that I don't need the antibiotics this time.  Being hooked up to the IV when you are doing a med-free birth is such a pain!  With Sarah it was constantly getting in the way!  Midwife verified that I would only need a saline lock unless excessive bleeding, etc. makes extra fluids necessary.   Knock on wood - my very last pregnancy and birth has been and is shaping up to be just an overall wonderful experience. =) 

Re: AW: Full term!

• Options
    YAHOO! Way to go Dawn! So happy for you. :) I am hoping to be able to test negative as well. They don't think that is where my daughter got strep b spinal meningitis when she was 2 weeks old but my current OB is considering treating it as if this was the reason - she wants me on an IV antibiotic at delivery. I'm not happy with that thought!
  • Options

imagesuzstar:
    YAHOO! Way to go Dawn! So happy for you. :) I am hoping to be able to test negative as well. They don't think that is where my daughter got strep b spinal meningitis when she was 2 weeks old but my current OB is considering treating it as if this was the reason - she wants me on an IV antibiotic at delivery. I'm not happy with that thought!

Even if you were positive - seems weird that your OB would want to treat you for something that happened 17 years ago regardless of test results (it isn't a persistent bacteria - which is why they test you within 4 weeks of your due date).  Not that being on an IV is THAT bad... it was just a nuisance.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WOW! So excited for you! And I am not surprised in the least that you are totally ready for the little dude to make his arrival. Best wishes to you! Can't wait to meet him :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats! I wish I was full term already!! Keep us posted on labor :)
  • Options
    Yay Dawn! Can't wait to meet him!
  • Options
    yay!! Congratulations! I bet you are super excited. I'm glad you're having such a wonderful pregnancy experiance! 
  • Options
    That's awesome Dawn!  You're looking great!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"