Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Preventing Homosexuality in the Womb

2»

Re: Preventing Homosexuality in the Womb

• Options
    epphdepphd member
    Just because twins share the same dna does not mean they share the same biology. Biology is a lot more complicated than DNA sequence.  Methylation, expression levels, posttranslational modification - all are biological variations that can effect a shared genetic sequence.  Google "epigenetics" to find out more.  Also -not all ID twins look identical.  Is that because of nurture?  No - it's because DNA is not the only contributing factor to a person's physiology.

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
  • Options
    imageMrsBalletStar05:

Came over to lurk since I heard it was interesting over here today. 

Nurture, not nature, huh?

So.......why is it that my husband is straight and his identical twin brother is gay?  And they had the exact same upbringing?  :-/ 

No.  It's nature.  Sorry.  No one will ever convince me otherwise. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsBalletStar05:

So.......why is it that my husband is straight and his identical twin brother is gay?  And they had the exact same upbringing?  :-/ 

I agree :)
  • Options
    imageMrsBalletStar05:

Not saying I agree with the nurture thing (because I don't), but this argument makes no sense. They have the same biology, but they are two different people. They have different life experiences which affect them differently (yes, even if they have the same upbringing doesn't mean their experiences/lives are identical). 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"