Houston Babies

What would you do?

My OB has a family emergency and will not be in the office tomorrow (when I'm scheduled for my 38 week appt).  We're supposed to induce next Thursday...assuming I've made some progress. 

I am curious, would you go ahead and see a different physician in the group (not knowing what their opinion will be of your progress, etc) or would you wait and hopefully see your doctor on Monday (if they're open) or Tuesday?

Re: What would you do?

• I would go ahead with the appt.  If you are not satisfied with the appt afterwards, then see if you can schedule another one on Mon. or Tues with your OB. 
  • At 38 weeks and so close to an induction, I would go ahead and see the other doctor. Can you go see her again on Mon or Tues as well?
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecali_girl92504:
    At 38 weeks and so close to an induction, I would go ahead and see the other doctor. Can you go see her again on Mon or Tues as well?

They just scheduled me with a different Dr. and said we'll see what that Dr. says and they'll consult with my OB. Her scheduler freaked when she realized I was already 38 weeks and scheduled for my induction next week.  I think her panic made me panic a bit. Stick out tongue  Fingers crossed for progress!!!  

• imagekat.in.the.hat:
    who are you seeing?

Boswell...I've never seen any of the other doctors in the practice.  It's kinda weird...DH is annoyed.  We totally understand it's out of her control, but DH would prefer that I just wait and go on Monday or Tuesday with my doctor.  It kinda changed my childcare situation too.  Dr. B's nurses would have watched DD for a minute during my exam and I don't know if Dr. Boswell's would...so DH is working from home tomorrow to be able to watch DD.  

• imageKelleyA:

imagekat.in.the.hat:
    who are you seeing?

Boswell...I've never seen any of the other doctors in the practice.  It's kinda weird...DH is annoyed.  We totally understand it's out of her control, but DH would prefer that I just wait and go on Monday or Tuesday with my doctor.  It kinda changed my childcare situation too.  Dr. B's nurses would have watched DD for a minute during my exam and I don't know if Dr. Boswell's would...so DH is working from home tomorrow to be able to watch DD.  

Oh boo, that is a bummer.  I've never see Dr. Boswell either. I was going to say if you were to see Zepeda, you'd probably just see Sarah, his NP. She's totally awesome and cool with kids in the room.  I wonder if you could request another doc or if that's just who is covering for her for the weekend.

• Oh, and the office is for sure closed on Monday.
  • imagekat.in.the.hat:
    Oh, and the office is for sure closed on Monday.

Good to know!  I was hoping I'd be able to get in with her then if I canceled tomorrow.  Good thing I have an appt. 

I'm praying that I've made some progress and that Dr. B will be back in the office next week...to deliver my baby! Big Smile  I am most definitely asking who is on call for her this weekend...just so I know who to expect if I need them.

• You know what, I might have seen Boswell once in the hospital.  I know I saw Dryden twice, but I might have seen Boswell that Friday morning.  If I did, she was great, haha!

Keep us updated!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"