Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Does FF save room in the car?

When DD comes I'll put DS's seat forward facing, so we'll have more room in the car.  Or so is my idea.  Anyone have FF, or know if it's a space saver?  DS will be 18 months by then, so it won't be so bad to FF.

Re: Does FF save room in the car?

• The only room you might gain is leg room in the seat in front of it. The foot print of the seat doesn't change, so it will still take up as much space in the back seat.  It really depends on your car. 
  • Yea...  well, more leg room will be great, I'm too lazy to try it out.  =)
  • Loading the player...
  • DG1DG1 member

just depends.  Yes, you can push the front seat back farther if the convertible is FF.  But you still have the RF infant seat in there, which takes up just about as much room as an RF convertible.

I believe we had them both RF for about 3 or 4 months before DS1 outgrew the height requirement to RF in his convertible.  That was about 4 months ago, and we still haven't moved his seat to the driver's side (which was the original plan).

I agree with the PP - which seats and car you have will be a big factor.  Also your own height - my 5'2" friends have zero issues with RF convertibles, even in tiny cars.

• Yes, for us it made a big difference.  We're both really tall and have the seats all the way back in the car.  DD's Keyfit was in the middle originally and barely fit w/o touching the front seats.  With her Triumph Advance FF she can sit behind me w/o me needing to move the seat.

It actually saved us money on vacation b/c we could rent a smaller car with her FF.

Not sure what we'll do when LO#2 arrives and the Keyfit has to go behind the passenger seat as it will be pretty uncomfortable for me or DH.

BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"