Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

CONFESSIONS - UNPOPULAR OPINIONS - RANTS

liven this board up. flame free of course

anyone? anyone?

I'll start

I  don't think my baby likes me as much as his dad.  It makes me sad.  His dad is calm, easy-going and natural whereas I am nervous, frantic and hassled.

I can see this going to be featured on Dr. Phil someday.....

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CONFESSIONS - UNPOPULAR OPINIONS - RANTS

• Options

I'll play!

I hate when people AW their kids' new abilities, because it makes me feel like DD is wickedly behind. :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagejuliane2004:

I'll play!

I hate when people AW their kids' new abilities, because it makes me feel like DD is wickedly behind. :(

Me too. I hate, well not hate but you know, seeing six month olds crawling and standing, waving and clapping when mason does none of those.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister got a boob job today and now I'm suddenly insecure about my breasts.  I've always wanted an augmentation, but I've never thought too seriously about it.  Now that she's had it done, I'm completely unsatisfied with the way mine look.  It's sad and vain, I know.  I'm really considering having it done now.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

i think bikini bathing suits on baby girls look trashy (not tankini ones, bikini ones)

I sat DS in my trunk earlier this week so I could open his stroller (i posted about this already)

It really grates on my nerves when people post a vent thread or a thread about a problem and someone else posts just to say they don't have that issue. (example: my dh sucks he never helps me do anything .. poster: oh that sucks. my dh helps me with everything, he's so great like that)

posting like that just makes them look like a douchebag.

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    imagelisswastaken:

i think bikini bathing suits on baby girls look trashy (not tankini ones, bikini ones)

I sat DS in my trunk earlier this week so I could open his stroller (i posted about this already)

It really grates on my nerves when people post a vent thread or a thread about a problem and someone else posts just to say they don't have that issue. (example: my dh sucks he never helps me do anything .. poster: oh that sucks. my dh helps me with everything, he's so great like that)

I LOVE YOU LISSWASTAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posting like that just makes them look like a douchebag.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Bottle propping....really not that big of a deal. Maybe if you always and have always ONLY fed your child that way but seriously, when you need to get something done and you can, just do it. It does not make you a bad mom and it will NOT put your kid in therapy when they are in their 20s
  • Options
    imageScooter359:
    imagejuliane2004:

I'll play!

Me too. I hate, well not hate but you know, seeing six month olds crawling and standing, waving and clapping when mason does none of those.

Yes, exactly! DD can roll and almost but not quite sit. That's it. No crawling, no standing, no trying to walk, etc. :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

AW: PIP make me cringe.......maybe because I'm too damn lazy to take a pic and post it up for anyone to make a fuss over.

Also, I'm sick of hearing about how the new moms are head over heels in love with their baby when I could barely remember my first 3 months due to severe post partum - -- - i feel robbed.

• Options
    I am happy to be back at work. That's all I got!

imageimage 

6/20/11 mc @ 5wks
    10/19/11 mc @ 17wks- Trisomy 18
    IUI #1 4/26/12 BFN
    Moving on to IVF in July
    37 with DOR...fabulous
    ER 7/14/12 6R 5F, ET 7/17 3 embies, beta #1 7/26: 147, beta #2 7/28: 326, beta#3 7/30: 422...ugh, beta#4 7/31: 607...hopeful, beta #5 8/2: 1280, beta #6 8/7: 7184 and u/s shows 1 possibly 2 sacs! 8/14 2 beautiful heartbeats! 9/24 we are TEAM BLUE!!!!!

• Options
    haha thanks I love you too lol

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    I see people wanting votes for their kids as being the cutest, pretties, whatever... and the poor baby is nothing special.  I know every parent thinks their child is adorable, but that doesn't mean the rest of us do too.
  • Options

I'm really annoyed with all the intense 1st birthday party planning months ahead of time. Yes, I've thought about it, but I'm not gonna go nuts now. He's a Halloween baby = Halloween Party! Original? Probably not. Will he remember? Nope. Will it still be fun for everyone? Of course, my family & friends are awesome.

Do you really need to plan activities for kids? Give them some room to run around and they are usually pretty happy.

• Options
    lynseflynsef member
    I get annoyed that everytime my mother is around she says when are you going to give my granddaughter juice and acts like I'm depriving her for not giving her juice.  Not that there is anything wrong with giving a baby juice, but I think DD is doing just fine with BM and the occassional couple oz of water.  Then everytime my mom eats something she wants to give some to DD and says I feel so bad for eating in front of her.  The other day she wanted to give her a bite of her sour cream potato chip.  Are you freaking kidding me?!  Whenever my mom is around I feel like I have to watch her like a hawk around DD...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejust_peachy:

AW: PIP make me cringe.......maybe because I'm too damn lazy to take a pic and post it up for anyone to make a fuss over.

Also, I'm sick of hearing about how the new moms are head over heels in love with their baby when I could barely remember my first 3 months due to severe post partum - -- - i feel robbed.

This - I wanted to give him back.  lol !!  I loved him but was def not in love - to much pain, to little sleep.

• Options

Ok my FFC/unpopular opinion

I think anyone who can not afford to live on their own or is accepting public assistance for the child they currently have, has NO Business having another child. I think it is in poor judgement and it sucks that the kid you have now is going to have a shitastic life because you could not strap on a condom.

• Options

imagesdjaquess:
    I see people wanting votes for their kids as being the cutest, pretties, whatever... and the poor baby is nothing special.  I know every parent thinks their child is adorable, but that doesn't mean the rest of us do too.
    fvck I have a crush on you now.

Seriously and dont people realize that a MILLLIONNNN Mommies are entering those stupid contests?

• Options

these are all fleckin great!!!!!

we should do this every day.

my unpopular confession that is flameworthy:

I look forward to nap and bed times for LO - he is a bundle of EXHAUSTING joy

• Options

why do people on FB have such a cookie cutter better life than me?

blaugh

• Options
    I do not understand people that take their kids everywhere. I don't really like to go out for a $200 dinner at a nice restaurant at 8 pm on a Saturday night and sit next to two misbehaving children. If you can't get a babysitter, go to Applebees. There are places that just are not appropriate for kids and the entitlement some parents feel is beyond me.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Options

imagesdjaquess:

I always think this when I see people asking about how to get their baby into modeling. 

• Options

PHOTO SHOOTS.

Really? REALLY?  I am all for capturing the moment of your baby's life on film and having it but to hire a photographer and spend $200 + for a few hours of mug time screams vanity to me.

That one really burns.

• Options
    I hate these posts:  Poster states they are concerned that their kid is not doing a/b/c (a reasonable concern - not like my 3 month old isn't crawling) and then all the responses seem to be bumpies that say - don't worry, my LO has only been doing abc for 5 months now, and yeah, our kids are the same age.  I feel like some bumpies are a little flaunty with their LOs milestones (in these posts) and it doesn't make other bumpies feel better when they hear about their kid doing some milestone forever ago. 
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Options
    imagejust_peachy:

PHOTO SHOOTS.

Really? REALLY?  I am all for capturing the moment of your baby's life on film and having it but to hire a photographer and spend $200 + for a few hours of mug time screams vanity to me.

That one really burns.

What's worse is when the photographs aren't even that good. Some of the bumpies I see who pay for photos are getting ripped off. 

• Options

I hate when you ask for advice or feedback and you get responses instead that go:

"Sorry, can't help you...my LO been STTN since she was an embryo..."

or

"You seem frustrated.....maybe you need some alone time..."

or

"My LO doesn't do this or that but have you tried this or that....?"

if you don't know what im talking about, then refrain.

• Options
    imagejust_peachy:

PHOTO SHOOTS.

That one really burns.

THIS. I totally agree. We take a million pics of our DD, but all the professional photo shoots are over the top. Plus I'm really not into those HUGE bows and flowers people put on their baby girl's head.

Oh, and I'm also sick of the posts about milestones. Whatever, babies are unique, just like the rest of us... most of the time the person has no cause for concern. I don't understand why people are so caught up with what other people's babies are doing.

K, that's it :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagechloephoebecali:
    I hate these posts:  Poster states they are concerned that their kid is not doing a/b/c (a reasonable concern - not like my 3 month old isn't crawling) and then all the responses seem to be bumpies that say - don't worry, my LO has only been doing abc for 5 months now, and yeah, our kids are the same age.  I feel like some bumpies are a little flaunty with their LOs milestones (in these posts) and it doesn't make other bumpies feel better when they hear about their kid doing some milestone forever ago. 

This. It's so obnoxious and it happens all day every day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate when people cut me off when I'm waiting in traffic to get on/off an exit ramp or something of the sort. I hat that they think that they are being smart by cutting me off and not waiting in line when really they are just being extremely douchetastic. The highway was not built for you, my friend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I hate that people have unreasonable expectations of their babies ("why isn't my baby crawling, rolling, waving, STTN")

I violate a lot of other peoples rants.  I have tons of pro pics.  And probably do a lot of "I don't have that problem but have you tried" posting.  it's hard not to.  With all the repeat posts you feel like you know the answers to problems you don't have personal experience with.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Not sure if this is going to come across the right way...I'm a little sleepy...but I think parents who are a bit insecure about their decisions with their children, ask a lot of (stupid or otherwise) questions and possibly change their minds based on the responses they get are better parents than the ones who are SURE they are doing everything perfectly -- and made all of their parenting decisions before the baby was even born. 

Is it okay to judge? Sure. But I think everyone should be more open to accepting a little judgement themselves now and then.  

• Options
    imagejust_peachy:

I hate when you ask for advice or feedback and you get responses instead that go:

or

"You seem frustrated.....maybe you need some alone time..."

or

"My LO doesn't do this or that but have you tried this or that....?"

if you don't know what im talking about, then refrain.

This x1,000,000!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejust_peachy:

I must really make you cringe, I am a HORRIBLE Aw!  Oh well. 

MY BLOG image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejust_peachy:

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

I nearly peed my pants a little! Surprise

• Options
    imageskinnursemandee:

Ok my FFC/unpopular opinion

I think anyone who can not afford to live on their own or is accepting public assistance for the child they currently have, has NO Business having another child. I think it is in poor judgement and it sucks that the kid you have now is going to have a shitastic life because you could not strap on a condom.

AMEN!!

~*~Meghann~*~ Type 1, insulin dependant diabetic for 11 years using a pump and sensor. wedding countdown Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've got a few today...

I *hate* the acronym T&P. Seriously, if you're honestly offering up your sincere thoughts and prayers for someone, can't you at least take the extra 3 seconds to type it out? I think it's horribly lazy to respond to someone's post about a sick child or grandparent or whatever and say, "you're in my T&P." It just irks the hell out of me.

This'll be wildly unpopular, but I'm SO glad that the oversized flower headband/tutu phase seems to be behind us (or at least remains on 0-3). I'm sorry, but I think it looks ridiculous and is SO unoriginal. Some of the smaller flower headbands are cute, but most are obnoxious. Your babies are so beautiful, why cover them in fake flowers and tulle?

Grown women obsessing over Twilight. Grow up. Yeah, it's entertaining, but standing in line for hours with 14 year old girls for tickets to a midnight showing? I just don't get it. And yes, I've read the books.

I know I've got more...I think of them all the time, but when the time comes to type them out, I forget them all. Argggh!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageabbzy85:
    I hate when people cut me off when I'm waiting in traffic to get on/off an exit ramp or something of the sort. I hat that they think that they are being smart by cutting me off and not waiting in line when really they are just being extremely douchetastic. The highway was not built for you, my friend.

OMG I hate this SO MUCH. Wait like the rest of us, ***. You're basically causing the traffic on the off ramp anyway. If no one did that, the flow would be a thousand times better.

• Options
    I refuse to call formula, "milk," and with my low BM supply from pumping at work lately I have a feeling I'll have to give my daughter formula before a year.  I still refuse to call it milk, it's not really milk.
    BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
    BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
    BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby
  • Options
    imageMereou12:

I've got a few today...

I *hate* the acronym T&P. Seriously, if you're honestly offering up your sincere thoughts and prayers for someone, can't you at least take the extra 3 seconds to type it out? I think it's horribly lazy to respond to someone's post about a sick child or grandparent or whatever and say, "you're in my T&P." It just irks the hell out of me.

This'll be wildly unpopular, but I'm SO glad that the oversized flower headband/tutu phase seems to be behind us (or at least remains on 0-3). I'm sorry, but I think it looks ridiculous and is SO unoriginal. Some of the smaller flower headbands are cute, but most are obnoxious. Your babies are so beautiful, why cover them in fake flowers and tulle?

Grown women obsessing over Twilight. Grow up. Yeah, it's entertaining, but standing in line for hours with 14 year old girls for tickets to a midnight showing? I just don't get it. And yes, I've read the books.

I know I've got more...I think of them all the time, but when the time comes to type them out, I forget them all. Argggh!

OMG!! I <3 YOU!!  I agree with all of these!!!  I always think.. you must not feel that bad if you just write T&P.  Ugh!  I put headbands on DD, but the flowers are NEVER bigger than the headband.  I feel bad for kids with giant flowers on their heads!  And Twilight.. Ick!

• Options

I read the Twilight books and felt each book got progressively worse. I've only seen the first movie, which I thought was embarassing, and have no desire to see any of the others.

I think big bows/headbands/tutus on babies look stupid. Babies are beautiful on their own, they don't need to be decorated.

2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    I feel like I break ALL the rules and I'm a bad mom. DD likes to belly sleep and I give her a blanket for naps and sometimes a toy besides her seahorse. I let her CIO when she was young. I feel guilty that I don't feel MORE guilty.
  • Options

I'm watching my son play in the dog's water bowl as I type.  Well, first I watched him pull up on the dishwasher door, get a basting brush out, then crawl over to the bowl and dip it in, then put it in his mouth.  I've given up trying to prevent Lee from getting Lovie-germs.  It's inevitable.

I get that DH should have an equal say in parenting decisions,  but it's hard because I read various books and the bump and spend time thinking about things like sleep options or solids, and his opinion is based off of pieces of things he hears from me, from a coworker, or nothing at all decided on the spur of the moment.  Should that really carry the same weight?

I get angry when DH complains about being tired or needing to do something about DS's sleep, because he often goes to bed later than midnight, and I get almost all night wakings.  If you want more sleep, go to bed earlier.  I don't actually want to go to bed at 9:30 either, but I know I'll need to be up later, so I suck it up. And please, don't use staying up late as an excuse for not helping with DS on weekend mornings.  He's great most of the time, but this burns my cookie.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"