Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

stupid solids ?

So, LO hates orange purees.  He cries like I'm trying to poison him.  I tried to make my own with BM, I tried the jar stuff - no success.  Even though he's refused the orange ones, do I still move on to green or fruit next?  Or do I need him to actually accept orange veggies before moving on?
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: stupid solids ?

• Options
    You're overthinking this.  If he doesn't like the orange veggies, try something else for now and try again later.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesmilelari:
    You're overthinking this.  If he doesn't like the orange veggies, try something else for now and try again later.

this.

also, you don't have to make him try all veggies of one color before letting him try another one. I did green beans, avocodo, carrots, squash, peas, prunes, mango, peaches in that order

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He hates all orange veggies? Have you tried sweet potatoes and squash? Orion wasn't a fan of carrots, I don't blame him. I tried baby food carrots and the taste gross. I like carrots but not the jarred. Orion loves sweet potatoes, maybe your LO need something sweeter. Just a thought. We didn't do all of one color veggies either. I didn't even start with veggies. The pedi told us have fun with it. Do whatever you want in whatever order. He's going to eat all of them eventually anyways. Maybe try mixing something else in with it. Or try warming it up a little, don't know if you serve it room temp.
    a>Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No sweet potatoes or squash?  Carrots are yucky but the others are usually a hit.  Move on to other stuff.  Try coming back to sweet potatoes and squash but mix them with pears or apples.  Any time LO doesn't like something I always mix it with pears or apples to sweeten it up a little.  Works every time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"