Single Parents
Options

Hide or delete DB on FB?

I can't decide. Obviously this allows him to keep up with dd and if I hide him then he can still do that. But part of me just wants to delete him. His update that he's "with his new boo" just hit a nerve. I hate him. I don't know why it made me feel even worse about being single and amplified my feeling lonely. Hiding would be the rational thing, right?

Re: Hide or delete DB on FB?

• Options
    mrgnmrgn member

I hid X. I want him to have access to the pictures of her but I don't give a flying fvck what he's doing on a daily basis. I won't delete him because I don't post anything on there I wouldn't him him to see anyway, and I don't really want to deal with the potential drama.

• Options

Can I ask how you hide someone on FB? I have been trying to do that but cant figure it out.

I would hide because if you delete him, he would know.  Hiding would prevent me from posting things I wouldn't want him to see or regret.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll just hide him. It would be childish to delete him. You go to the bottom of your home page (w/the newsfeeds) and click "edit options" and you can type the name of the person you want to hide.

• Options
    you can also make him under a 'limited profile' meaning he can only see parts of your profile (such as pictures only)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Options

imageBMenz:
    you can also make him under a 'limited profile' meaning he can only see parts of your profile (such as pictures only)

i do this too..

• Options
    imageladyaylena:

imageBMenz:

i do this too..

Ooh, I didn't realize this. Do share.

• Options
    Well, DB was childish and deleted me almost immediately after we parted ways, so I took the liberty of blocking him.  I know he can't see any pictures or anything (although I'm still pregnant) but it's his loss....he deleted me and really he doesn't need to know what's going on in my life.  I don't have anything to hide but I'm just moving on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My ex created a new one once he moved out. I blocked that as soon as I saw it on my "recommended friends" list.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Options

I am not friends with XH on FB, and he's rarely on there anyways since he doesn't have a computer-just goes on from his phone I believe.

Anyways, I think it's healthier (for our situation) for us NOT to be friends.  I am still friends with his fam and I don't post anything I wouldn't be comfortable with anyone seeing but I just don't want to deal with him at all. 

In your situation I would probably delete him.  Is there any other way you can send him updated pics of the kiddos or would that just be a pain?  I was thinking maybe doing a shutterfly slideshow and emailing it to him or something to this effect. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would just delete him and be done w it.  That way 1. I wouldn't be tempted to FB stalk him and his " boo" on some random lonely night and 2. vice versa.  You can always email him pics of her, but really, he probably takes his own pics.  You'll never be together as a couple again, so why not start seperating everything now? If he questions you, just say no offense, but we really are not friends.  Its healthier this way, IMO.
  • Options

imageMamiChula:
    I would just delete him and be done w it.  That way 1. I wouldn't be tempted to FB stalk him and his " boo" on some random lonely night and 2. vice versa.  You can always email him pics of her, but really, he probably takes his own pics.  You'll never be together as a couple again, so why not start seperating everything now? If he questions you, just say no offense, but we really are not friends.  Its healthier this way, IMO.

I agree with this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageturtle1120:
    Well, DB was childish and deleted me almost immediately after we parted ways, so I took the liberty of blocking him.  I know he can't see any pictures or anything (although I'm still pregnant) but it's his loss....he deleted me and really he doesn't need to know what's going on in my life.  I don't have anything to hide but I'm just moving on.

my ex deleted me as well, but he kept trying to contact me via phone and I would answer. He's finally leaving me alone. I don't think my life is any of my business anymore, after the things he said to me, he doesn't really deserve to be a part of my or this child's life.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageturtle1120:

He also asked me the other night when he was driving me home from our last counseling session whether or not I was still friends with his friends,  and whether I was friends with his mom and his ex-wife.  He acted all offended that I blocked him.  Boohoo....I suppose if he really cared then he shouldn't have deleted me.  I do agree with other posters though that it's just better not to be friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"