Parenting after a Loss
Options

OH NO SHE DIDN'T...OR DID SHE?!

SO get this - my MIL has ALWAYS been very obsessed with DH. It always seems she is in competition with me for his attention and she has a tendency to be very "backdoorish" in her ways. That is just the tip of the iceberg but enough info so that you understand how baffled I am.

DH turns 30 this September and I am already planning a surprise 30th for him in August...which she knows about (and asked me if I was going to invite HER friends to ugh NO). Well FIL turns 60 this September as well. Last week MIL calls DH and says she is planning a surprise 60th for FIL on Sept 18th and has already booked the yacht club. Well, I am in my BFF's wedding that day so we obviously can't go and she starts scrambling to reschedule it. Wouldn't you ask your son before if he could make a party? Anyway I knew she was in the process of finding a new date.

Tonight my friend IM'ed me on FB and said "oh my MIL said that your MIL called to book the Union Club for Matt's (DH) 30th birthday party surprise"..I was like WHAT...did she mean 60th birthday for her husband...and my friend said no she specifically said 30th for Matt.

I will tell you right now - she better not be really planning a surprise for Matt and saying its for his dad. This is wrong on so many levels considering I am already planning his suprise 30th...ALSO she already told me she was going to have a special "cake" at his dad's party for him for their extended family and I said no to that because I said it was important to keep his dad's party about him.

We are going there this weekend (which I was already dreading) but NOW I am going to definitely confront her. She is lucky that if this was really her plan that I found out now not when we showed up and the party be for Matt.

I am fuming!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OH NO SHE DIDN'T...OR DID SHE?!

• Options
    oh geez!!!  I hope she didn't go there!  That's unacceptable.  Keep us posted!
  • Options

Oh wow! I would be fuming also. That is SO sneaky & wrong on so many levels. Good luck w/ this weekend, let us know how it goes!

((((HUGS)))) Love ya girl!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dude... I would be on the phone right now with her ppppppisssed off!! Not cool MIL not cool. Hope it was a mistake...but doesnt sound like it
  • Options
    OMFFFFFFFFFFG! I would be livid! Even if the party really is for your FIL, the other shhhtuff she's trying to pull? Really? Promise me we won't be like this about our sons :-D
    Missed m/c at 11w 7/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageceramsey:
    OMFFFFFFFFFFG! I would be livid! Even if the party really is for your FIL, the other shhhtuff she's trying to pull? Really? Promise me we won't be like this about our sons :-D

Right here in front of all the BUMP to witness - you and I will keep each other in check and NOT pull this crap on our boys :) p.s. so excited to see you tomorrow!

OH and I told DH what is going on, minus the part about me planning his real party because he can read me like a book and knew I was mad so he totally supports me approaching her this weekend!

• Options
    I'd be super pissed.  I will never be one of "those" mothers.
  • Options
    imageVanessaRae9608:

imageceramsey:

Right here in front of all the BUMP to witness - you and I will keep each other in check and NOT pull this crap on our boys :) p.s. so excited to see you tomorrow!

OH and I told DH what is going on, minus the part about me planning his real party because he can read me like a book and knew I was mad so he totally supports me approaching her this weekend!

Oh, so glad you told him and you have his support. I couldn't imagine keeping that rage to myself. Good luck!

Can't wait for tomorrow! 

Missed m/c at 11w 7/08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ooh!  If she is going behind your back, I would be so pissed if I were you!  I hope it was a misunderstanding. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh.  That would be so wrong that I wouldn't even know where to begin.  GL with her this weekend, I sincerely hope for her own good that she's not trying to undermine your party!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    ***adds this to my growing list of ways to drive my future daughter-in-law absolutely bonkers***
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes.  Let us know how the confrontation turns out.  Although I don't want anyone to have IL drama, I have to admit it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone!
  • Options
    What a B!!!!
  • Options
    Wow, she sounds crazy!
  • Options
    Wow, way out of line! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"