Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

PT help .... where do I go from here?

DD (almost 2) has had some intermittent success with pooping on the potty but it's usually me noticing her about to go and running to put her on the potty. Lately though she's started to notice when she's peeing too but only after she's gone... at which point she realizes she's wet and completely freaks out, crying inconsolibly "I'm pooping, I'm peeing" and getting so unbelieveably upset about it. I've been trying to ask her after she drinks if she needs to go and to get her to realize before she goes, but am not having much success. I'm just not sure how to proceed, especially without making her more upset about realizing she's wet. TIA!

DD1 7/10/08  DD2 8/11/10  DS 7/2/13

Re: PT help .... where do I go from here?

• Options
    Although I have not started to PT DS, I am taking care of a 2 1/2 year old girl...who is PT...I just take it very slow and go on her cues....she sometimes makes it to the potty and sometimes she goes in her diaper...I try and give her positve reinforcements...Like hes has a sticker chart next to the potty and puts a sticker next to her name everytime she goes...so its fun to go potty!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    We started the whole potty training thing around 27 months. I admit - we are still working on the pooping bit. For some reason she just can't consistantly poop on the potty. She has the peeing part down though! We did it by sitting her on the potty every 30 minutes, and if she went she got a M&M. When she understood how the whole peeing on the potty thing worked we stopped making her try all the time and now leave it up to her to ask. We still remind her every now and then, but for the most part when she has to go she lets us know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"