Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Working Weekends.... WWYD

I work weekends only about 13 hours a day. DH works during the week, and we basically "switch off" who watches the kids- I'm home during the week, him on weekends.... which is great for the kids but sucks for us!!! I feel like we never see each other, and we rarely have family/social time.

I'm thinking about switching to just two days during the week and putting LO's in DC for those 2 days.... it would be a huge pay cut (which we could swing)... DH and I said I would work weekends until both kids were in school (like another 4 years) but I feel like I have no life.

WDYT? Is this totally selfish? 

Re: Working Weekends.... WWYD

• Options
    I think, if it were me, I would value having family time, and seeing dh over having more money.  You will never get this time back, but you could always make more money later.  I don't think you're selfish at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nope, I hear you! I only work every other weekend and I feel like that puts a lot of stress on my husband to watch DS by himself after he's worked a full week already. And I definitely feel like I have no life on those weeks that I work weekends b/c I only have one weekday off. Totally wish I just went back part-time but feel like I am kinda stuck in full-time now b/c I am the manager.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you'll feel better and you think you family will be better than I would go for it.  You'll get a break 2 days from the kids and you'll get some much needed family all together time on the weekends.  

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
  • Options

I don't think it's selfish to want to spend time with your family as a whole. You would be able to hang out as a family & do fun family things together. Your LO's are only going to be little once & I personally hope that mine will look back at the things that we all did as a family & think of what great times we had together. 

As far as putting them in daycare 2 days a week, it's only 2 days & it may be kind of fun for them to get out of the house & socialize with other LO's their age.

Have you talked to DH about it to see how he feels? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"