February 2011 Moms
Options

Intro- and a little TMI

Hi ladies! I'm so excited to be 'meeting' you all. I'm hoping this board can calm my nerves, give me good advice, and meet some wonderful people to share my experiences with.

My DH (yes I'm learning the lingo lol) and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and we have a 2 year old dog who until a few weeks ago we considered our baby. This is my first pregnancy and I think I'm just beginning my 7th week. I was going to wait to post till my first doctors appointment which is tomorrow afternoon, but I just couldn't wait anymore. :)

I'm really anxious about my appointment tomorrow and I'm on the verge of tears just thinking about it. I'm 25 and have never been to an OB/GYN. Growing up it was one of those things where I knew of people that were going because they were pregnant, wanted birth control or where having problems. So my mom never took me as a teenager and as an adult I didn't think I needed to go. I know..... can you say sheltered? So on top of 'normal' pregnancy nerves and uncertanty I'm so nervous on what is actually going to happen at my appointment. I feel that I would be a little less scared if I had gone before.

Help please!

Kristen

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro- and a little TMI

• Options
    good luck at your appt tomorrow!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't mean this how it may sound, but if you're sexually active, you should have regular GYN visits. It's important to screen for diseases and disorders.

But that aside, don't worry. Know that the doctor is a professional and this is routine for them. You can maybe even explain your situation and nerves.

A point of advice - try to breathe and relax during pelvic exams. I know that seems odd, but if you tense up, you will be tense down there and it could make it more uncomfortable. 

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    elisbuelisbu member

and this may seem a little harsh, but try to remember that the people who work at OBGYN offices see girls 'down there' all the time! It's there job, do not be embarrassed!!

Also, it helps me to wiggle my toes when they do the exam or  the vaginal sonogram.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck with your appointment.  Relaxation is the best advice.  Hopefully your doc with be pretty talkative and comforting for you.
    BFP #1 - 2/5/2010 - c/p 2/9/2010, BFP #2 - 6/20/2010 - DD Born 2/26/2011, BFP #3 - 9/13/2012 - c/p 9/20/2012, BFP #4 - 11/11/2012 - betas: 53 on 11/13, 115 on 11/15, 8069 on 11/26 - u/s shows 127 bpm! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"