Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

What age do U stop purees?

Just wondering what is the recommended age to not be feeding the purees.

DS does self feeding with Puffs, Lil Dips, Cheerios, Yogurt bites.

Purees are just so easy, since I am not a cook.

Re: What age do U stop purees?

• Options
    MrsoshMrsosh member
    I think we were still doing purees occasionally at 15 months.  I agree they are easy!  But at 15 months, DS was still very picky and not wanting to eat everything we were eating.
    Happily Married since 7/2006
    DC #1 10/2008 TTC #2 since 1/2010
    Natural miscarriage @ 5w3d 1/2011 Chemical pregnancy 4/2011
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    your LO will let you know.  DS started refusing them at about 10 months.  I think each kid is different.  He just turned 1 and is completly on table food by his own choice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We stopped at 9 months - pedi recommended it.  He wasn't too interested anyway.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We completely stopped purees at around 11 months. Before then we gave them on occasion.
  • Options
    DS has refused them since he was 9 months old.
  • Options
    We stopped purees around 9 months or so, can't quite remember exactly.  Once DD started eating table foods, we phased out purees. 
  • Options
    Ditto around 9 months, DD refused them. We can do some yogurt and apple sauce now but she prefers finger food.
  • Options
    We still do some purees on occasion. She really likes them, they're easy, and she eats other solids well enough that I feel like we could quit purees any time.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    DS stopped wanting to be spoon fed (with the exception of yogurt) a week before he turned one. At his 1yr appt the pedi said she'd like to see him off baby food. BUT, he still hasn't really come around to table foods yet so every few days I'll try and give him a fruit or veggie puree just so he's getting something.
  • Options
    We also quit around 9-10 mos.  She loved finger foods and I hated baby food, so it worked out well!
  • Options
    About 8.5 months.  She started refusing them.  She would take a few bites then just blow it in my face but always begged for our food so we just switched her.
  • Options

Up until 2 weeks ago, DS was still eating baby cereal w/ fruit puree in it. He won't eat it anymore. I had tried real oatmeal and other things and he wouldn't eat them, so I just stayed w/ the cereal.

If he will eat the real thing, then I would give him that instead of the puree. 

• Options
    I'm not sure if these count as purees but I still keep preprepared avocado and sweet potato in ice cube trays for those days I'm out of ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"