Pre-School and Daycare
Options

If you've made PW's steak...

How do you keep it from looking like you've burned the house down afterwards? Pan frying meat in butter seems to create a WHOLE lot of smoke! 

For the record, DH said the steak was just as good as Outback's. That PW is on to something!

Re: If you've made PW's steak...

• Options
    I've never made it for that very reason (and because I don't want to have to scrub down my entire kitchen afterwards).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sad  I think our grill might have one burner on it. Maybe I can pan fry it on the grill... although that seems counterproductive. At least it would keep the smoke out of the house.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is so smart! We have a side burner on our grill, too. I don't know why I never thought to use it for that!

I haven't made steak in probably a year. I'll have to pick up some the next time we're at the store ... and serve them with sweet potato fries. DH will be in heaven!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have not made the steak but I have made the delish blue cheese sauce to go with some steaks we grilled. Wow.
  • Options
    I've made ribeyes in a grill pan her way (lots of butter) and I put the vent on high and opened all the windows in the kitchen before I started to cook.  There was still alot of smoke but it cleared out quickly with all of the ventilation.  FWIW, putting up a little bit of smoke was worth it.  The steaks were great and so was the onion/blue cheese cream sauce she recommended to go with it!  Easy to make and sooooo good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"