Washington Babies
Options

Holy Bloat!

I am in sweats. My regular pants aren't fitting. This whole pregnancy thing is going to be interesting.

So does the bloat go away or do I need to go shopping for bigger pants?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holy Bloat!

• Options

From my experience the bloat did not go away, it actually turned into what looked like a beer belly/freshman fifteen until I was about 18 weeks.

Invest in some good yoga pants :)

• Options
    Dana86Dana86 member
    I think it just depends on the person. I had the bloat for about 2 weeks and then havent had any since.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't remember the bloat, but I do remember hating anything touching my stomach...so I say be comfy now. :)

One of my friends bought maternty pants for work and simply used diaper pins to hold them in...then she eventually went down to one pin, then none. It's kind of a running joke with us, but hey - it works!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    It doesnt so much go away, it more turns into a baby =P   Definitely dont buy maternity pants yet.  I LOVED my motherhood maternity belly band,  I wore that thing my whole pregnancy and managed to stay in my regular jeans for the most part.  I say invest in one or two of those first!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options

image~Lynchie~:
    I LOVED my motherhood maternity belly band,  I wore that thing my whole pregnancy and managed to stay in my regular jeans for the most part.  I say invest in one or two of those first!

Same! I brought a white one and a black one and never had to buy any maternity pants, actually all I brought was one cami in total!

collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Options

The bloat didnt go away for me.  I was in maternity clothes by 14 weeks because I couldn't button my regular pants anymore (which had plenty of room before I got PG!). 

I would do what PPs suggested and invest in some good (cheap) yoga pants or other comfy pants. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    I didn't have much bloat...until now!  Every evening, I feel like I need to pee, fart, and poo, but none of them usually help much!  Then, dh wants to rest his arm on my, push and feel baby, etc.  ugggghhhhhh!!!!  Enjoy the stretchy clothes, girl, I love 'em!
  • Options

Mine never went away...it just eventually turned into a real bump :)

Bella bands are wonderful inventions, and do invest in at least one pair of super stretchy yoga or sweat pants.  I swear I came home every day and put on one of my two pairs of comfy pants my entire pregnancy.  Now I still wear them as my comfy post-partum pants...

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

image~Lynchie~:
    It doesnt so much go away, it more turns into a baby =P   Definitely dont buy maternity pants yet.  I LOVED my motherhood maternity belly band,  I wore that thing my whole pregnancy and managed to stay in my regular jeans for the most part.  I say invest in one or two of those first!

This just made me laugh out loud.  And yeah - bella bands work GREAT at first. :)  Then yes, you need new pants. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"