December 2010 Moms
Options

I know no one likes a weight post, But I have to vent.

During 1st Tri I lost about 15 lbs due to serious morning sickness and food aversions. While I knew weight-loss was normal and weight gain wasn't likely, I was irritated.

On the 18th of June I had gained back 2 pounds and figured now that the Morning sickness was gone I would start gaining it back. 

I stepped on the scale this morning and I've lost another 4 pounds. So I'm down the two I just gained back plus 2 more. 

This is seriously irritating because I'm eating! I feel like I eat non-stop. My belly has a definite rounded bump and I'm feeling the flutters. I wasn't the smallest size in the beginning, Size 14, so I wasn't huge by any means. 

I would vent to my sister but she's pg at 28 weeks and doesn't like to hear about weight since she's in her 3rd Trimester and is gaining the necessary pregnancy weight.

I'll probably DD this too since I know she lurks the board. Hi Buffy101 if I haven't deleted by the time you read it! Didn't want to vent to you! Love ya sis!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I know no one likes a weight post, But I have to vent.

• Options

Don't delete your post. There's a fair enough warning in the title- she doesn't have to look.

If you are too concerned, talk to your doctor. I'm sure he/she will reassure you. I am close to half baked and I've only put on 1 pound. I didn't have any morning sickness. I don't know why/how my bump is so big with only one pound, but it is. I'm going to ask my doc about it tomorrow. I imagine I will start gaining in a few weeks, and you probably will too!! :))  

• Options

I wouldn't worry too much.  If your OB was concerned, s/he would share that with you...  Your baby is getting what it needs from you, whether you gain weight or not.  Maybe it's taking so much of your nutrition and that is WHY you're not gaining when you feel that you're eating a lot?  As long as baby is happy, I'd be happy too. 

But if you keep worrying, definitely talk to your OB and share your concerns. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My next appointment is the 16th of July and If I haven't started gaining anything I will surely talk to him. If I weren't pregnant I would love seeing the scale go down like it has but I just don't like it right now.

Hopefully when I step on their scale it will show some progress. The last time I talked to him about the weight loss it was still 1st Tri and he said that I should eat high caloric items when I do eat. It was supposed to help with the amount being lost by morning sickness. I've felt like a pig eating Fast Food and Pizza and Carbs (Oh My! lol)

• Options

I'm in the exact same situation.  Pre-preggo I was size 14.  I have lost almost 30 lbs and I'm now fitting in clothes that I wore on my honeymoon!  I barely have a bump!  I have been eating as of this week, but haven't gained a pound!  It's frustrating right now, but as long as the doctor says it ok, I'm not letting it bother me.  Plus, I figure when I'm in my third trimester and it hits me like a ton of bricks, I will be wishing for this time back!  

With that said, I just ate cheese fries for dinner.  I'm pretty sure that scale will be going back up soon Stick out tongue

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a friend who lost 15lbs up until 16 week due to morning sickness...she then gained that back and then some (like a total of 50lbs) during the rest of her pregnancy. I'm not saying you will gain a crap load later on but I'm sure it will even out.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am in the same boat as you.  I'm 5' 9" and a size 14 and I have lost 15 pounds so far this pregnancy.  All my regular pants are too big for me and falling off even though my bump is huge.  I did have to buy maternity shirts, size large, because my regular ones became belly shirts.   I am not concerned about it and neither is my doctor, even though I have never once been sick, had morning sickness, or food aversions, and I eat all the time.  The baby is getting what he needs.  I am sure I will start gaining back some of the weight any day now, but the doctor told me today, "You might be super skinny by the time your baby is born."  I laughed and said, "Yeah, wouldn't that be nice." 
  • Options
    I've heard that some women don't gain any weight because of their size prior to pregnancy. My SIL was a "big girl" before she got pregnant and she did not gain any weight.  She just rounded out.  I was a size 14 too before preg. I got a "you go girl!" from the nurse at my 12 week appointment because I hadn't gained any weight.  The next week I went up 4 pounds in one week, but it must have been water, because now at week 14 I'm the same weight I was before I got pregnant.  I think that regardless of how much you lose or gain the baby will get what it needs from you.  I know it's hard, but try not to worry. 
  • Options
    Because i end up having m/s through month 5 it took me a really long time to start gaining weight with my 1st pg.  In the end though I gained 35 lbs.  This time seems to be similar.  At my last weigh in with the dr I had lost 10 lbs but I'm confident that once I stop losing my breakfast that will turn around.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies. I guess worried isn't really the feelings that I"m having. It's just more of an irritation.

I think, too, I'm kinda comparing my pregnancy with my sister's and we are just two different people with different body types. That and each pregnancy is different. While I"m not hoping to 'pack on the pounds' I just want to have a healthy pregnancy.

• Options
    kat81kat81 member

ugh, good luck. I'm where I'm supposed to be with weight gain (maybe slightly under), but I feel for this post because I'm not really enjoying food so I could see this becoming me.

Just make sure you have enough nutrients, and also try to stay active. Personally, I think I've sort of lost muscle during my pregnancy, and I would be weighing more if it weren't for that. Strength training can actually help you gain weight, as long as you eat protein & calories to go along with it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Don't worry about it at all.  I'm 17 weeks and some days and haven't gained anything since getting pregnant.  I had morning sickness for the first 15 weeks and have been eating fine the last 2.5 and the scale hasn't moved.  

The baby takes what it needs from you, you'll starve before the baby ever will. Wink

• Options

I don't think you should worry at all but if you are worried talk to your dr. I'm still about 3 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. I was a big girl to begin with but my dr said as long as I'm eating regularly and I'm not not eating because I'm too nauseous or because I'm trying to diet she isn't worried.

My mom told me not to worry because she lost weight the entire time she was pregnant with me until she was 8 1/2 months and I still was over 8 lbs when I was born!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"