February 2011 Moms
Options

I am SO sorry ladies.

I can not begin to apologize enough.  For those of you who thought if me in the best possible light, I thank you.  And to those of you I offended I am apologizing from the deepest part of my heart.

Erinloveddavid-no, please don't go away.  Please do not let me deter you from posting here.  You are part of a community and I will leave. Stay, and post often I am SO sorry.

finally, I will be stepping out of Feb 2011 Moms.  There is nothing I can say to make it better. What I do want to say is that I really meant no harm in what I said, I honestly meant nothing but support.  

-Amelia 

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: I am SO sorry ladies.

• Options

Please, please don't go.  And I'm saying this as the original one who pointed out the title issue.

I absolutely know that you meant no harm with your title and I know that there's no way to have gone through what you (we) have and be insensitive to loss.  I think I, and the others who posted, just wanted to point out that the title could have been taken the wrong way. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options
    And to add, I think this is why it's a good idea to always check back into one's posts.  Had you been back to the post earlier, you would have seen the trouble and just edited or deleted before it got out of hand.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    elisbuelisbu member

Oaky, I'm butting in because I've been on here all day and didn't see a post that offended me.

What was the title??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree with BBHME. Unfortunately it looks like you have posted and logged out again so you may not see this.

I hope you stay and in the future, please stick around after you post too.

ETA: Never mind I see your bubble.

• Options
    imageelisbu:

What was the title??

wondering the same thing...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It was NOT offensive.  Seriously, you need to stay.
  • Options

Stay!!!

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    I think you are doing all you need to do by apologizing. You don't need to leave. Please stay! I know you meant well, and that's what matters.
    married 09.06.08
    BFP #1 - m/c on 12.22.09 @ 8w3d
    BFP #2 - d&c on 07.22.10 @11w1d
    BFP #3 - DS born on 06.22.11 @41w3d!
    BFP #4 - Due 04.24.13
  • Options

The title of the post was something along the lines of "All the M/Cs around here lately are getting me down."  That's a paraphrase, I haven't checked, but I assume that the thread has been deleted.

To the OP: I was not the one who said that I was going to stop posting...I don't remember who that was, off hand.  I was feeling pretty down, though, so responded in kind.  I know you didn't mean any disrespect.

ETA: in the original thread, the OP was nothing but empathetic and supportive of everyone.  It was just a poorly worded title.

• Options
    I don't think it was offensive just a little insensitive and I honestly don't think you meant to be.  You apologized, no reason to leave
  • Options
    i think we all have a lapse in judgement sometimes and not something to be beat up over.  i think the title sounds like an honest feeling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Just so I know (i'm not trying to be insensitive by asking), but what would a better title have been?

Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120

All Welcome

Chart

• Options

Just from reading what others had to say about the post (b/c I didn't see it) I think everyone just huffed and puffed over nothing.

If this is all only about the title of the OP then she has a valid right to feel down about it. Another way of saying "feeling down" is that she is sad about it. We have almost daily m/c posts and it is sad to see all those women leave us. You don't even have to go into the posts, usually, to know it is a goodbye posting due to a m/c.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAggieBeth06:
    Just so I know (i'm not trying to be insensitive by asking), but what would a better title have been?

The way she worded it sounds like "your m/c upsets me." It sounds selfish when women are losing their babies. To be fair, a lot of us have seen people say very douchey things i.e. suggesting a "warning" be posted in m/c threads so people don't open them and be upset. M/C makes you feel so alone and having someone saying your babies death upsets them is like a slap in the face.

I really don't know a good post title. I really think the only "right" thing to say is "I'm sorry for your loss."

• Options
    I don't know. I didn't really see anything wrong with the whole thing. She talked about her miscarriages and those of her friends, and went on to be very empathetic to the girls who are having m/c now. She didn't really say that the m/c of the girls on the boards were getting her down. That's how I read it anyway. 
  • Options
    imagejohannaknip:

imageAggieBeth06:

The way she worded it sounds like "your m/c upsets me." It sounds selfish when women are losing their babies. To be fair, a lot of us have seen people say very douchey things i.e. suggesting a "warning" be posted in m/c threads so people don't open them and be upset. M/C makes you feel so alone and having someone saying your babies death upsets them is like a slap in the face.

I really don't know a good post title. I really think the only "right" thing to say is "I'm sorry for your loss."

I must be missing something since everyone is talking about just the title and not the body of the OP. So what did OP actually say beyond the title? Because taking just the title of the post to what you just said in the bold above is a little extreme and I would bet money that that is not the intended message she meant.

Plus if the OP has had 3 m/c already I am sure she knows all about the loneliness and wasn't making any comments regarding that either.

Just food for thought...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagejohannaknip:

imageAggieBeth06:

I understand that perspective, and I think it is sad that ladies going through a loss have to feel so alone. 

I think that the sentiment was that it's sad to see so many go through losses... and I feel the same way. It's heartbreaking. 

Of course, that's only a shred of the pain for someone going through a loss... I think that it was empathetic, but maybe not sympathetic. If that makes sense?

Anyway, just wondering, and I appreciate the response.

As I said before. T&P for all Feb Mamas.

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    i don't think you should leave. you apologized and that is enough, don't worry, stay!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hmm.  I've had a miscarriage, and I wasn't offended by the title of the post.  I think if the OP had never suffered a loss then it would seem a little different, but her sentiments in the post were sincere.  She was just saying how sad it was to see so many people suffer a loss.  

I think it was a whole lot of hullaballoo over nothing really. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

No one had any problems with the body of the post.  If someone opened it and read it, they wouldn't have understood.  It was purely a suggestion that the title be reworded so that no one would take offense (as many of the ladies who have had losses did). 

I don't mean to belabor this, but I just thought I'd try to explain given that so many of you posting opinions here either a) didn't read the OP; or b) don't know firsthand how heartbreaking and lonely it is to go through a m/c.

• Options
    imageBBHME:

No one had any problems with the body of the post.  If someone opened it and read it, they wouldn't have understood.  It was purely a suggestion that the title be reworded so that no one would take offense (as many of the ladies who have had losses did). 

I don't mean to belabor this, but I just thought I'd try to explain given that so many of you posting opinions here either a) didn't read the OP; or b) don't know firsthand how heartbreaking and lonely it is to go through a m/c.

ITA with all of this.  Frankly, I don't know why this thread is even still going.  She deleted the thread and she apologized.  There is no need to continue rehashing the whole thing over and over.

• Options
    imageMustang Sally:

Hmm.  I've had a miscarriage, and I wasn't offended by the title of the post.  I think if the OP had never suffered a loss then it would seem a little different, but her sentiments in the post were sincere.  She was just saying how sad it was to see so many people suffer a loss.  

Well

My Blog PM me to read my blog BFP 12/22/09 natural m/c 2/20/10 12 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMustang Sally:

Well said

My Blog PM me to read my blog BFP 12/22/09 natural m/c 2/20/10 12 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Amelia, don't go... I do not think it was the actual post that offended people, it was just the wording in the title. You had VERY good intentions with your post, just expressing that you are also mourning for the ladies that have not been so fortunate in their pregnancy. I know and other ladies knew you were just trying to express your grief for those that have lost, but as soon as the ladies that are grieving read the title and took it from there.

You are very kind hearted and had the best intentions and that is hopefully that is apparant to everyone. So, stay with us lovebugs! Your posting an apology was very bold and I respect you for that!

• Options
    There is no reason to pack up all your toys and leave! You wrote an innocent post and some ladies pointed out how it could be misconstrued as insensitive. It could happen to any of us. It's no reason to leave the boards! You apologized, no harm done. Come back and play with us!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

imageLifesPeachy:
    There is no reason to pack up all your toys and leave! You wrote an innocent post and some ladies pointed out how it could be misconstrued as insensitive. It could happen to any of us. It's no reason to leave the boards! You apologized, no harm done. Come back and play with us!

This exactly.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Blighted Ovum 7/2008 (D&C)
    Ectopic 7/2009 (Emergency surgery:removal of left tube)
    Blighted Ovum 1/2010 (Natural m/c)
    DS #1: 2/7/11
    Ectopic 2/2012
    BFP: 12/24/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"