2nd Trimester
Options

Out of stock registry items?

Anyone know if Babies 'R Us restocks their top-selling items?  Quite a few of the things on my registry recently went "out of stock" (not even able to click on a link to see the item anymore, no information on price or even a web page left for these things) so I am not sure if it's worth leaving the item on there, or looking into/registering for a different one. 

WDYT?

Re: Out of stock registry items?

• Options
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I have had similar experience. I wanted a particular car seat, and it was on clearance- therefore I could not put it on my registry. I was sad. :(( Boo BRU. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The dresser/changing table we want is out of stock and possibly being discontinued so we just added something similar to it just in case.Smile
    CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When I registered with them the first time, every time it got near a holiday with a lot of sales (4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving) most of my registry was out of stock. Once the holiday was over, the things came back.

That being said, lots of baby product makers switch their lines over towards the end of summer. Same product, but different packaging/patterns/accessories. So some of the things you registered for might just be coming out with a new barcode. If you do a new search for the item on BRU's website, it might pop up with almost exactly the same thing even though the link from your registry is no longer working.

ETA: Since you are only 18 weeks, I would go ahead and register for a different item. About 5 months of pregnancy is like several years in the baby industry; things come and go.

If your shower is around 30 weeks, I would wait and update it 3 weeks or so before your shower so that you can be confident it is all in stock.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    imageCelticWife:

When I registered with them the first time, every time it got near a holiday with a lot of sales (4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving) most of my registry was out of stock. Once the holiday was over, the things came back.

That being said, lots of baby product makers switch their lines over towards the end of summer. Same product, but different packaging/patterns/accessories. So some of the things you registered for might just be coming out with a new barcode. If you do a new search for the item on BRU's website, it might pop up with almost exactly the same thing even though the link from your registry is no longer working.

ETA: Since you are only 18 weeks, I would go ahead and register for a different item. About 5 months of pregnancy is like several years in the baby industry; things come and go.

If your shower is around 30 weeks, I would wait and update it 3 weeks or so before your shower so that you can be confident it is all in stock.

Thanks!  I hadn't thought of the holiday(s).  I had a really cute bouncer and now it's gone... but maybe might be back since Target has it still.  We'll see!  In the meantime I shopped around for a few other things.  :)

• Options
    cadencaden member

I registered about 4 weeks ago and a lot of the big items I put on there are now either clearanced/discontinued or out of stock. It irritates me so much. Since my shower is only a few weeks away I'm just keeping track of what they don't sell anymore and putting the items on a Buy Buy Baby/Amazon registry for myself. If anyone asks about it, I might mention the BBB "supplemental" registry, but if not at least I know what I need and can get coupons for it.

To answer your original question - I don't know if/when they restock. A city mini double stroller is on my registry and it seems like those are always out of stock. other items might only take a few weeks to come back. I don't know. there's a difference between out of stock and being discontinued though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"