TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Nurses not reading charts

So I have been going to the RE daily this week to be monitored for my ivf cycle since I am getting close to retrievel. Today they did a physical (they always do one before each cycle, check vitals and go over medical history). The nurse asks about any surgeries in the past year and I said just the d&c for the placenta that was stuck with my twins in november. She proceeds to ask what gender and says they must be getting so big. I told her I lost them since they were born too early. She says sorry and begins to take my blood pressure. I am shocked that my blood pressure number was fine after that. I held back the tears the best I could. The only good thing about my appt today was the RE I like just got back from vacation and I got to see him and he is working this weekend so he will be doing my retrievel. I am excited because he did the ivf for our twins and I was going to request him.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

Re: Nurses not reading charts

• Options
    jen629jen629 member
    oh my  how awful I am sorry you had to listen to that{{{HUGS}}}}
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options

Ugh.  You would think chart reading would be the first thing you learn.  GL with the retrieval!  Can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so sorry she was so inconsiderate.  I can't believe she didn't read the chart.  It kills me when they ask such stupid questions.

I want to say YAY for the retrieval coming up this weekend!  So exciting!  I hope everything goes well.  ((hugs))  I'll be thinking of you!! 

• Options
    *big hugs* yes you'd think the nurses would read the chart before.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    4 losses (cp Feb 28 09, mc April 9 09 (5w5d), mc Aug 10 09 (7w1d), d&c Apr 12 10 (grew to 6w3d, mc confirmed at 8w5d). RX: Overies PCOS (hormones normal) & Balanced Translocation of Ch. 7 & 13 (40-50% mc risk)

Cooking Blog
  • Options

Oh my goodness!!! SO sorry you had to go through that Sad

Good luck with the retrieval, I'll be thinking of you!! {{{hugs}}}

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is so rough. (((HUGS)))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry your nurse was so crappy and didn't take the time to read your chart.  You deserve so much better.  I hope you get the RE you want and will be wishing you lots of IVF success!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • Options
    I really don't understand why these people can't read a simple chart. I'm sorry.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options

Thanks girls. I know my chart is huge, but I wish they would put some colored sticker or something on the outside to let them all know that patient had a loss.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

My other question is why the eff bother with HAVING a chart if the employees never read it. The medical profession makes me mad.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options

Dear Nurse,

You are a douchebag. Here is a vag punch.

Sincerely,

TTCAL 6+ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"