Parenting
Options

How much would you pay *cousin babysitting*

We are going up to my cousins wedding in a couple of weeks. The day after the wedding we are going to a theme park and I was going to have my younger (16yo) cousin watch Reid for the day. It will be so hot I don't want to take him. I'm sure it will be for atleast 8hrs. I have never had to pay for someone to watch my kids so I have no idea how much.

Re: How much would you pay *cousin babysitting*

• Options

I was going to say $70-90 but I pay a 17 yr old, who drives herself to us and home, $10/hr.  For two kids.  So I would say it's slightly less than $10/hr.  Maybe $8/hr.

• Options
    coktcokt member
    We have had my cousin babysit a few times and we always drastically over pay her because we know she needs the money (and she is oler-in her 20's). So I am no help. But for a 16 yo I would do a flat rate. Maybe $60? I don't know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would pay $10 an hour.  I would rather spend an extra $8 or $16 dollars than have a family member who remembers me as the "cheap" one.  I have paid our regular 16 year old $10 too.
  • Options

I paid my cousin's kid (16) to watch the kids for a few hours. I paid the local going rate of $10/hr plus I gave her some extra.

The local rate where I am now is $7-8/hr. I don't change the pay because it's family.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"