2nd Trimester

Did you know

that the 9-banded armadillo can postpone the implantation of a fertilized egg, for up to 3 years, in order to give their offspring the best chance at survival?  They also give birth to identical quadruplets.

I really should be working right now...

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

Re: Did you know

• Serious? Thats so cool! I love info like that hehe thanks for sharing
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that's impressive.  I guess it is a survival thing, if it is a time of famine, to be able to hold off until things get better, that's pretty neat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I feel inadequate! ;)
  • That's pretty cool. Very impressive.
  • ZoebotZoebot member

or that the kangaroo's pouch is more like a vagina/uterus than a pocket?

the developing kangaroo baby is "born" at 33 days, it climbs through the thick fur and into the pouch where it continues developing, as its hind legs are only stumps and the thing is a mere few centimeters in length. plus there are teats inside the pouch for the developing baby roo to latch onto and feed from, and it takes another 190 days before it's ready to fully emerge.

i just about flipped when i learned all that! :P 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageZoebot:

or that the kangaroo's pouch is more like a vagina/uterus than a pocket?

the developing kangaroo baby is "born" at 33 days, it climbs through the thick fur and into the pouch where it continues developing, as its hind legs are only stumps and the thing is a mere few centimeters in length. plus there are teats inside the pouch for the developing baby roo to latch onto and feed from, and it takes another 190 days before it's ready to fully emerge.

i just about flipped when i learned all that! :P 

Or that a kangaroo mother can also choose the sex of their baby?  They usually have females first and then males later so the females can help her raise her joeys...  A crocodile/alligator (either both or only one) can manipulate the sex of their offspring as well by how hot they make their nests!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"